Notifications
Clear all

A tribute

pasmon
(@pasmon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

How do i discover starshatter?

Well my first space game was freelancer. I enjoyed it and played it to death. The controls in freelancer were as simple as that of starshatter.

Next stop, X2 the threat. It played great. It was unfortunate that i could not get past corvettes. I always dreamt of buying and flying argon destroyer. I did not have the patience of playing it too long.

Next game was Sins of a solar empire. It is a space rts. And i bet everyone on this forum must have played it once. Sins is a great fleet rts. In fact Sins is the rare thing in rts sector is Stgs is. Well, you cannot play one game for-ever no matter how great it is.

Next game was bridge commander. It was fast and great but too short unfortunately. It was purely a starship game without any fighter.

Between "Freelancer" and "Bridge Commander", i was looking for something that provide a comprehensive experience of Strike Craft and Cap-Ship. Stgs a rare thing and Space sim was just the thing i was looking for.

I stumbled upon news of Stgs while playing X2, but could not obtain it. Frankly i was dying to get it. It took me a time of six years to finally get my hands on the free version. Well its replaybility is almost unlimited. I have yet played as strike craft pilot for short time and then switched to Cap-Ship for the rest of the campaign. Now i am playing as a carrier commander from the start and about reached OP Nightfall on my second repeat. After finishing it with carrier, i am eager to play whole campaign as pilot. The life of pilot is indeed short in Stgs and not as flashy as Free-space but never the less the experience would be worthwhile.

Speaking of Free-space, i am making an every effort to convince myself of playing free-space yet i could not bring myself to play it. One factor is lack of time and second is "Stgs". I have some reservations for Stgs designing and presentations indeed but that certainly should not being taken as a downplay effort. Unfortunately, i just do not have time from my Job to spend modding this game. I apologize if i have offended someone by my comments.

Quote:
It is not just a video-game. It is a creative effort translated in an art piece.

braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

I am glad you are enjoying the game. Modding does take a lot of time and is a very exacting process that can be frustrating at times. The end results of a successfully completed mod make it worth while. Keep in mind that even if you don't mod, modders very much appreciate constructive feedback from those who use their mods. In the meantime keep on flying and have fun!!!

ReplyQuote
pasmon
(@pasmon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I forgot to mention Home-world. I played it after completing Sins. Anyone interested in telling his story.

ReplyQuote
braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

I have never played homeworld either. I do own sins of a Solar Empire which I like a lot but have not had a chance to really get into because of my modding efforts in SS:TGS.

ReplyQuote