Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] FFED3D Project

Page 3 / 5

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

IIRC Elite4 was ment to come out in 2001/2002,I know that they canned that version of the game

and theres been nothing but vegue muttering since.Interstly Braben mentions in this

interview that they are working on two big and one small unannounced project?. ❓

http://www.develop-online.net/features/715/FAQ-David-Braben

MAYBE JUST MAYBE ❗

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Whertz on the Frontier forum is working on a new version of Buffet,which will be FFE3D compatible

if you have any suggestion head over.

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1537

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered

anyone knows if they are planning to add new features to FFED3D and what they might be? 😀

Later edit: i guess not.

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered

Why don't they release the code for this game already,it's pretty old game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

cultist wrote:
Why don't they release the code for this game already,it's pretty old game.

Do mean Frontier?.

cultist wrote:
anyone knows if they are planning to add new features to FFED3D and what they might be? 😀

Later edit: i guess not.

Short answer dont no,they have hinted at a few things but nothing def.

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered

Sorry,let me rephrase it

Why don't they release the code for FFE already,it's pretty old game.

I don't think they can add new features to it if they don't have the original code right?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Well I think it would be up to Frontier Develoments to release the original code as they are the copyright holder of it.

From reading the EG forum i think there intention is to remove all of Frontier code then add new feature to the game as they go.

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered

And yes by they i meant David Braben & Co (Frontier Developments).

So Pinback you mean that the EG guys are working with an emulator of sorts?

Don't they work with the original FFE code?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

cultist wrote:

So Pinback you mean that the EG guys are working with an emulator of sorts?

Don't they work with the original FFE code?

I don't know,the best place to ask would be the English section of the EG forum.

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?t=47373

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

FFED3D not E4 is the name of the project 😆

means, i don't want to see another forum full of speculations about E4 🙄

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

pimp it up! hack the FFED3D file replace ARIAL with frontier , looks very familiar.

open ....ffed3d\textures\ and replace tex96.png with

th_tex96.png th_tex96_a.png

some shots from my ships interiors, there's some more i made for ffe and glffe i will upload a zip soon here.

use hoopers ffed3d.exe 😉

this will get you from here to mars 😆

have phun

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

quick and bad conversion of a tie fighter.

original model for nfshs:bob robert

conversion for ffed3d: potsmoke66

replacement for model folder 26 (sidewinder)

just for fun, i also addet a .wav of tie's sound, source: x-wing alliance

i choosed bob's model because it's a little more detailed then the one from x-wing (only 30 polys).

sienar systems tie fighter

here's the model

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

interested in star wars, star trek, babylon meshes? look here (click on the pic):

large_falcon.jpg

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Potsmoke the models on that website are they free to use or do you need to contact the creator for each model you want to use?

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

i think they are free to use, they take no fee for the download, maybe for commercial use? i think no they don't own the publishers rights, so no commercial use without permission from lucasfilms, in case of star wars (etc).

SCIFI 3D Voluntary "Gift/Donation" Policy:

In order to combat theft of the sites models by others who try to sell them we are going to submit our models to commerical websites. They will still be FREE as always. Our community is full of honest people with alot of integrity, and they are adiment that models remain FREE. Therefore we are going to submit our models to places like TURBOSQUID as FREE to combat theft. Nobody will pay the theives for something that we offer for FREE. This should effectively stop this internet crime. However, if you want to support SCIFI 3D or the 3D COMMUNITY we are going to start accepting gifts/donations. This is a totally VOLUNTARY system. Nobody is required nor expected to pay for any model from this site, unless otherwise noted. If you decide you do want to give a gift for the site/community please do not send less than $1 US. Due to various fees, costs of postage, foreign curreny conversions, etc. it may cost more to send your gift than the total value of the gift. It depends on the type of transaction. The various options will be covered below. Please also note there are no other miniumum or maximum amounts a gift has to be, much less give one at all. It is up each individual what they want to do, if anything. Here is information on the different ways to send something and the pros and cons for each. I have investigated this as much as I could and I'm still collecting information so it may not be 100% accurate yet.

i'm surprised it looks like some have takin' money for it allready (thiefs) 😯

anyway we can be glad that companies like lucasfilms doesn't interprete copyrights like the music industry does.

cause all this game modding and hacking and model interchange is if you look at it from their pov a form of copyright injury (a soft one 😉 ).

ReplyQuote
CmdrMerrick
(@cmdrmerrick)
Petty Officer Registered

How do you join them too.....got some great stuff on there id like to try and add to ffed3d

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

no problem, go to their site, register, thats all http://www.scifi3d.com/list.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=10

but be warned, the models are all high-poly (compared to ffed3d and any game standarts) and would need a lot of rework to use for ffed3d, by myself i thought it would be easier to build them low-poly from ground up if you take a good drawing of the model as template.

i will post here some iso drawings of models is soon as i gathered them.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

just to make you curious

[attachment=96:cobramk1_s1.jpg]

[attachment=98:cobramk1_s2.jpg]

added some texture replacements in dowload section

including, a new "Times" font (Lynx), blue explosions (check out!), and all textures as shown in Frontierimages as .png files for you to use as reference or to flush it dd. 😀

th_blue-explosion.gif

to get the Frontier Dev. Symbol on your ship, you need to hack the .exe (sorry), take jongwares frontiermeshes as guide search for the text command and replace the 06 for line font (size6) with 26 (Times font, size6).

use the % (25h) symbol for the "Frontier Dev. Saturn"

for further info, check this out

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Ah, I see you did indeed post those images here Potsmoke, lets hope Andrew J. Hodges contacts the forum or the Frontier forum. He is out there someplace! 😉

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

journold.jpg

now becomes

journnew.jpg

get it here: http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/download.php?id=3664

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

FFE freaks should check also this, i knew the page since.... but allways forgot to post the link i guess

http://www.elite-games.ru/elite3/files.shtml 😉

check the tabs on the top of elite-games site

Elite, Frontier, First Encounters, X-BTF, X-Tension, X-Universe, X2, The Threat, X3, Reunion, Master of Orion, Master of Orion 2, Master of Orion 3, HomePlanet, Earth & Beyond, EVE, Terminus, Jumpgate, Freelancer, Battlecruiser Millennium, Parkan, Galcom, I-War, Independence War 2, Edge of Chaos, Ad-Astra, Space, Star, EG Main HQ, freelancer server,

downloads to all the listed games there to find are

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

got some news from elite-games.ru

they will upload some new models and textures soon 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Anyone have new textures or models they want added to the updated FFED3D Complete package? Updating it right now and will have it done shortly. Not too many new items since the last build but there will be 2 new models and some added textures. Plus I am updating the mod manager to latest version, updating the readme.txt and adding the latest BUFFET version (maybe i'll get v3.0 before I upload)?

So just post here with links to textures, music or models you want added to the package.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Last call...

This weekend I will post my latest compiled package for FFED3D so if you have any recommendations to be added please do post them. I have included anything new from the elite games site so have all of those.

Potsmoke... I was looking at a few of your models and fixes any that you recommend go into the package?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5