Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] FFED3D Project

Page 2 / 5

Lorico
(@lorico)
Crewman Registered

Question from a novice :

I would like to add the mod called "Eiffel Tower Model 260" into the game.

I dl it, now, where should I copy it to make it work in the game ?

Many thanks in advance.

PS : this game looks awesome !

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Lorico wrote:

I dl it, now, where should I copy it to make it work in the game ?

Just drag the folder into the model dir of FFE3D.Make sure the folder is named "230"

Theres one on mars if you want to see the Eiffel Tower.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The guys over at FFE3D are looking for ideas or sketches,so if you have anything which may fit in with

the game head over to the EG forum.

ReplyQuote
CmdrMerrick
(@cmdrmerrick)
Petty Officer Registered

Im not 100% sure where to post this but hopefully someone here will point me in the right direction, but how do i install the FFED3D onto my system, any help in either endeavour will be much appreciated

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Actually pretty easy Merrick

1. Download the game: downloads.php?cat=37

2. Run the main installer and then the patches (believe I put in a readme)

3. Your all set at this point. Now if you want to install some new ships download the ones you want.

4. If you read on the download screen it will tell you which folder the new models will go into in your MODELS directory.

5. Then start the game and have fun.

If I missed anything someone else fill the blanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Darkone wrote:
If I missed anything someone else fill the blanks 🙂

Nope, that covers it. Your site is the easiest to use when it comes to getting set up with FFED3D; I've included a link to your downloads page from my site 😀

ReplyQuote
CmdrMerrick
(@cmdrmerrick)
Petty Officer Registered

When you say the patches do you mean all the other downloads on the page with FFED3D ?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
CmdrMerrick wrote:
When you say the patches do you mean all the other downloads on the page with FFED3D ?

Sry about that I just remembered I packaged the FFED3D archive with it pre-patched so you don't need to do anything but run the game 🙂

ReplyQuote
Mojak
(@mojak)
Crewman Registered

I have a question regarding the downloads for FFED3D on your site:

I have installed FFED3D and it runs smoothly, but I found out that for several downloads the skins seem to be missing.

For example the new "Turner class" and the "Tube station models 78 227" only contain "model.x" files but no skins.

Are the skins simply not done jet or are they somewhere available ( http://www.frontierastro.co.uk/ shows you a textured version of the Turner Class for FFED3D)??

Thanks in advance,

Mojak

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

You should find all the new ship+textures on th E.g forum here.

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/vi ... 59#2290259

ReplyQuote
CmdrMerrick
(@cmdrmerrick)
Petty Officer Registered

This is just a suggestion but how about someone try to make a ship like we normally see in the Star Trek universe, as i say just a suggestion but would be cool to use something like a runabout or even one of the larger vessels you see

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Mojak wrote:
I have a question regarding the downloads for FFED3D on your site:

I have installed FFED3D and it runs smoothly, but I found out that for several downloads the skins seem to be missing.

For example the new "Turner class" and the "Tube station models 78 227" only contain "model.x" files but no skins.

Are the skins simply not done jet or are they somewhere available ( http://www.frontierastro.co.uk/ shows you a textured version of the Turner Class for FFED3D)??

Thanks in advance,

Mojak

Mojak, those missing textures is that from the newly compiled FFED3D package I just made?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

CmdrMerrick wrote:
This is just a suggestion but how about someone try to make a ship like we normally see in the Star Trek universe, as i say just a suggestion but would be cool to use something like a runabout or even one of the larger vessels you see

I dont think you would need to make one there should be plenty of Star Trek models on the

net,finding one that is the right ploy size might be a bit tricky.Then it would just need

to be converted in 3ds (Anyone who just wants to convert some already made models into the

game should be able to use the free 30 day trial version of 3ds)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=13571450

Don't forget that you will also need the plug in to convert the models to the game format.

http://www.andytather.co.uk/Panda/directxmax_downloads.aspx

and use the setting here.

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?t=47373

Personlly I'am thinking Babylon 5 mod at some point for the game.

ReplyQuote
CmdrMerrick
(@cmdrmerrick)
Petty Officer Registered

Sounds like we got lots in common because im a big fan of B5 as well.....would love to see the White Star in this wonderous game but thanks for the info, im not as big into programming as i used to be but im sure someone will be able to translate some game code into the things both you and i have suggested

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

i think we all have our favorit space saga hm? let's start to rebuild the models, yes star trek meshes exists a lot and they are somewhat boring, but if you like to. after the courier/transporter i showed off (it's not finished yet, no animations and im willing to respect that courier and trader are build from the same body), i will start to build a vessel from perry rhodan, something like the CREST. get inspiered by space 1889 and build a "verne" like spacecraft, why not, but not allways enterprise 'til bust.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

need more input, ok:

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

potsmoke66 wrote:
need more input, ok:

Not familiar with perry rhodan,was there a game out last year about it?.

Like the ether ship,looks like the bottom front turret would get in the way of any landing

gear animation.

The paper& pen RPG Traveller would make another good source.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

just for the fun of it

perry rhodan is a german sci-fi "pennybook" series from around '64 to ? and it has been translated to as many languages as the bible.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

ARN has released his space station model Absolutely Stunning 😎 😎 😎

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?p=2359741#2359741

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

Is there any video available of this game, besides that ocean scene? I've never heard of this game before I joined up here and everyone keeps mentioning it. How old is the game? And what does FFE stand for?

ReplyQuote
Shingen
(@shingen)
Master Chief Registered

Shant wrote:
Is there any video available of this game, besides that ocean scene? I've never heard of this game before I joined up here and everyone keeps mentioning it. How old is the game? And what does FFE stand for?

FFE stands for Frontier: First Encounters (1995) sequel to Frontier: Elite 2 (1993), which was the sequel to Elite (1984).

Here's a video from FFED3D the latest version of FFE:

Here's what the game originally looked like:

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Shant wrote:

The vids are about a year old now and theres been a number of new models for the game,You can download the

game from the download section.

http://www.spacesimcentral.com/downloads.php?cat=37&sort_by=0&order=ASC&start=30

Unfortunatly as I understand it Dreamzzz who is the main programmer on the project is busy with other commitments,so updates to the code may be few and far between.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Unfortunatly as I understand it Dreamzzz who is the main programmer on the project is busy with other commitments,so updates to the code may be few and far between.

I wonder if a certain Cambridge based games development company is keeping Dreamzzz busy? Just a thought! 🙄

ReplyQuote
Shingen
(@shingen)
Master Chief Registered

Who knows.. E4 was originally supposed to be released in 2008..

http://www.videogamer.com/news/hardly_a ... raben.html

"'We're working on it and it's very exciting', says Frontier boss.

Hardly any information currently online relating to Elite 4 is true, Frontier boss David Braben has said.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at a Nintendo press event to promote upcoming WiiWare and DSiWare games, including Frontier's own LostWinds sequel, Braben refused to confirm or deny various online chit chat relating to the hotly anticipated title, which was confirmed to be in existence a whopping eight years ago.

Elite 4 information is scarce. Unconfirmed online reports suggest it's an MMO, that it will be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as PC, and that development will only begin once Frontier's The Outsider is completed.

Braben did, however, allay fears that Elite 4 may never see the light of day by confirming it is in development."

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Shingen

News about Elite IV? You are more likely to meet Elvis selling hamburgers at Mc Donolds! 😆 😆

On the Frontier forum, http://forums.frontier.co.uk/index.php , that is the number one question and try as they might, the forum members have had no luck as such getting any info on the new Elite. There is a healthy thread though, called Collection of Ideas For Elite IV, which the Frontier managment assures us, that is checked regularly. What ideas may actually find their way into the game is anyone's guess.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5