Notifications
Clear all

Homeworld 1 + 2 remastered on steam , release date February 25, 2015.

set
 set
(@set)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Looks like we finally got a release date. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244160

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

That's a decent deal, both HW1&2 remastered and the HW1&2 original for one price. I wonder if the remastered one's still support all of the mods from the originals? Will be interested in reading some reviews of the remastered ones to see how they did.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice update for Homeworld Remastered came out today with some new content.

I thought they were going to just push it out and forget about it but they have patched the games quite a few times (8+ if I remember) so not bad.

June 9, 2015

New Content!

Added the long-lost Raider Retreat mission! This mission can be accessed in the new “Extra Missions” menu. Click here for more info.

Added Achievement for completing the Raider Retreat mission.

Added Global Chat to the server browser and lobby chat

Fixes and Updates

Don't display the RU's for a resource if the starting RU's are 0

Objective pointer lines should now be better aligned

Misc. audio updates from Paul Ruskay

The diplomacy panel is now properly updated to remove the player after disconnections

"Unknown level" text is now properly displayed for clients if the host uses a custom map

Fixed issue where certain letters in foreign languages would not properly display

The distance filter is now available on the main server selection screen

Fixed an issue where list boxes would sometimes wrap incorrectly

Dust clouds are now selectable “move to object” destinations

Added chat commands:

/whisper <name> <message>

/ignore <name>

/unignore <name>

Modder Updates and Additions

Created TabControl Interface Element to streamline menus such as the options menu

customFormationID was not initialized properly which would possibly be garbage when spawning ships in a map

UI - Screen anchors now refresh on screen activate

UI - Created new "mirror" anchor type that copies rect and visibility of another element

Added concept of "Extra Missions" that should allow modders to create custom campaign missions without having to edit the UI or jump through unnecessary hoops

Added support for mission entries in a campaign file to define either a flag saying the persist file from the persist directory should be loaded, or a path indicating what persist file from a save game in the saved campaign data directory should be loaded

Added the ability to define a "StartingPlayerFleet.lua" file in a mission directory and have it be loaded if it is there and a persistent fleet is not loaded via the command line prompt of the override that loads a previous saved missions persistent fleet

Added command line option "-noMouseCap" so that the game doesn't steal mouse input on the first frame

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I am still finding it very buggy but the classic versions still work well enough although you have to launch them with their own icons in their individual folders after Steam is running. The launcher still does not work at least for me. So more patches to come methinks!

ReplyQuote