Notifications
Clear all

Flying car

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

A prototype flying car has completed a 35-minute flight between international airports in Nitra and Bratislava, Slovakia.

An actual flying car? Fascinating! BBC article here.

Oolite Naval Attaché

Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

Good stuff Cody, I like things of this nature. Growing up, my imagination ran wild as to where we would be today... (if only I knew). It's so nice to see something (every now and then) that fits into the dreams I had back then. 

Something like this would just be great in rural America, where distances are huge and finding a landing strip not difficult.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

We been here before with these so called flying cars, you still need an airport unless as Gaius said you live remote outback like Australia ect.  

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pinback

you still need an airport

I'd think it'd only need a short runway, and even in England, there are plenty of small airfields dotted around.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

You know what guys, in it's current configuration I would think landing it will take more skill than doing the same on a Cessna. Compare the two and look at your landing gear (I assume the tires on the flying car). It seems like you would have to land almost perfectly horizontal with that thing, I'm not sure you could flare well if at all. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Posted by: @cody
Posted by: @pinback

you still need an airport

I'd think it'd only need a short runway, and even in England, there are plenty of small airfields dotted around.

I can imagine health and safety being all over that.  

Basic problem with theses designs is it's a car with wings, need to get rid of the aeroplane bit. 

ReplyQuote