What Game Have You Bought.

Page 4 / 15

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
"Probing"? 😕 😆

Anyways, yes No One Lives Forever 2 is not bad, but the first game is the one to go for as it has a lot more variety in the levels and is longer too. The GOTY version even had more multiplayer levels too. The Merchant Of Venus? I think I had that game on my Speccy? Been eons since I played it though. Oh, and the Halo2 hack is in the download section 😉

Destroy of all Humans games are just brilliant and the probe weapon is one of funniest in the game try using it on the cows or chickens in the first game. 😆

Must have been some thing else as the Merchant Of Venus was never converted to the Spectrum.

ReplyQuote
bertipa
(@bertipa)
Senior Chief Registered

Just bought Starbase 😳 Orion, will try it this week.

In the queue there are Sword of the Stars 2 and Distant Worlds Legends.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
bertipa wrote:
Just bought Starship Orion, will try it this week.

What is it ❓ the only thing Google came up with was a Starship Orion patch/mod for Oblivion.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

dark souls about 10 hours in.... its good but alittle bit buggy and unforgiving.... around level 40 i have been told im doing well.... died about 20 times lol 😆

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

My monthly round up of my games collection

Back with the Xbox

Starwars jedi starfighter

Fahrenheit apparently a bit of a cult game.

Metal arms another cult game although I played through he first level and didn’t think it was that good.

GTA Collection

Descent 2 on PS1 for 50p never played any of the descent games and given that the Playstation ports of PC game are generally rubbish this probably not the version to play.

Gravity on the Amiga and it has freaking huge manual for it.

Wing commander 4 big box PC version, hope it better than the playstation version.

Mantis IIRC some one said this is the sequel to the Amiga /ST game Warhead and a sort of precursors to the I-War series.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

PINBACK wrote:
Wing commander 4 big box PC version, hope it better than the playstation version.

Heads up Pinback if you have the WC4 CD version of the game you might be interested in this:

http://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/DVD_Upgrade_Patch

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

skyrim WOW this game is big! still have not finished darksouls lol 😀

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

PINBACK wrote:
bertipa wrote:

What is it ❓ the only thing Google came up with was a Starship Orion patch/mod for Oblivion.

I think this is what bertipa ment http://www.chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/

ReplyQuote
bertipa
(@bertipa)
Senior Chief Registered

Geraldine wrote:
PINBACK wrote:
bertipa wrote:

Thanks 😳

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
PINBACK wrote:
bertipa wrote:

I wondered about the name as the only thing that came up is a mod for Oblivion called Starship Orion

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10020

Seem to be some sort of spaceship house for Oblivion, haven’t got a copy of Oblivion and could not find any pics of it so it’s a bit of a mystery.

ReplyQuote
vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered

today for all 3 games I brought......

UFO aftermath (almost had kittens)

total war shogun with expansion

and a game I never heard of before......X3, sounds promising reading the back of the case but could be total rubbish

ReplyQuote
vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered

not heard of that expansion for oblivion and I thought I knew that game inside out

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

It’s rare that I buy new games think the last one was Starpoint Gemini, anyhow I have bought a new old one or is it remake. In other words the Monkey island special edition collection with the remake of monkey 1 & 2 on it.

Most annoying thing is the DVD drive won’t recognise the disk so I can’t play it. 🙄

Blast Radius on the PS1

Wing commander Armada, one more to get and I should have the complete set.

Outcast excellent game although it suffers from a bad controls.

ReplyQuote
JonnieR
(@jonnier)
Crewman Registered

I recently purchased the X3 series of 4X space/sim games, but problems with printing out a readable manual have slowed my learning curve to crawl with this game. I also purchased Evochron Mercenary, which has much better docs. The game seems immersive, but the first part (consisting of mining, cleaning solar arrays, delivering packages,etc.) seems very boring. I would like to shot at something. I am still waiting to hear better news about Sword of Stars 2 before I buy it.

Unfortunately I have found nothing that compares to Freelancer or even Darkstar One in the space sim/combat arena. And nothing that compares to Galatic Civilizations II for a good 4X game. I could never get use to the pace of Sins of Solar empire although I thought it was a good game. Any recommendations out there?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Finally bought Mass Effect 2 but who knows if I will ever get around to playing it as I still haven’t finished the first one.

Thief Deadly shadow on Xbox, played this on the PC when it first come out but only got about half way through it.

Terroanova big box version, never played this but it has been recommended a couple of times on another forum as being very good.

Mechassault 2 on the Xbox, no idea what it like as I have not looked at it yet.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I recently pick up East India Company and really enjoying it. Build a trade empire and fight off rivals in ship to ship battles. Kind of reminds me of Elite but with water and cannons 😎

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

PINBACK wrote:
Finally bought Mass Effect 2 but who knows if I will ever get around to playing it as I still haven’t finished the first one.

You will like this a lot. I would finish the 1st one because it will help you setup your storyline for the 2nd game.

PINBACK wrote:
Mechassault 2 on the Xbox, no idea what it like as I have not looked at it yet.

I had this for the Xbox and enjoyed the game a lot, it does get pretty hard close to the end. So outfit your mechs wisely.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
DarkOne wrote:
PINBACK wrote:

You will like this a lot. I would finish the 1st one because it will help you setup your storyline for the 2nd game.

I don’t know why but I just never really taken to the Mass Effect games.

But I will try to get through the first one so I can use my save game from it in the second one.

WIll have to fire up the XBox and see what that mech game is like.

ReplyQuote
deepseaweed
(@deepseaweed)
Senior Chief Registered

Catherine on PS3. SpaceSim-wise the 4th copy of Star Ruler 😀

A bit off-topic: if someone hasn't already bought Sword of the Stars ( http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SOTS/sword-of-the-stars ) and has a GamersGate account, I have an unused copy I could gift (SotS only, not the complete collection).

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

Bit of an odd one. "Braid" on Xbox live arcade. Mind bendingly tricky time control platformer with a story surprisingly deep and metaphorical. So much that forums everywhere are discussing it like the meaning of life or something! Dont research it too much if you want to try it, better just to play and see what you make of it. I even have the soundtrack off itunes!

ps. not very space sim I know, but I thought the time control might count a little bit 😉

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hey, nothing wrong with a little non space sim related content as my previous post shows 😳

Oh and I too have Braid (Steam version). Now you mentioned it on XBox Live, I am going to try my wired XBox controller and see how I fair with it. 😉

Also just one more un space sim comment (promise! 😆 ) GOG have now fixed Earth 2140! The dud AI of the windows version of the game made it unplayable, but GOG now have the superior DOS version of the game on deck! If you bought the windows version already, you can re-download the DOS version for free 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Bought a copy of Starship Trooper the FPS one, have read it really bad so I look forward to playing this. 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Cant get this to run on Windows 7 at the moment, but from what I recall of the game, it reminded me of the Serious Sam games where you have hoards of enemies on screen. My old PC could run it, but it suffered from low frame rates.

ReplyQuote
Kodyee
(@kodyee)
Crewman Registered

Well i bought two games recently Cue Club and GTA vice city. I just love to play these games in my spare time.

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

Found a game called Cholo, its a remake of a game I've never seen, just downloaded it cos the screenies looked so much like Tron.

http://cholo.ovine.net/terminal/cholo-quick-start.php

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 15