Notifications
Clear all

StarEngine

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

RSI/CIG may take forever to get a game to a finished state. But I think with the 'Star Engine' they can really change scifi gaming and allow devs/individuals to use the engine to create games/experiences. Because the visuals and the flow that is shown in this video is truly impressive. I haven't found anything yet on what they are going to do with StarEngine.... the better license out the tech (which I am sure they will).

Topic Tags
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

https://m.twitch.tv/clip/RamshackleObedientPieKAPOW-2rDuBajYtONFEIh0

Brian Chambers has said that they have no plans to license the engine out.  People have requested before and been turned down.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I think that is a DUMB move... why not make money from a engine you took years and years to build. That's leaving money on the table...

I know this would be another layer to their business but it could make them reoccurring income for years if done right like Unreal Engine. Plus they could use that $$$ for more R&D to make their games better over time.

I hope they change their minds about the StarEngine, because it looks great. Only time will tell.

ReplyQuote
NellyAurora
(@nellyaurora)
Crewman Registered

It sounds like RSI/CIG's 'Star Engine' has the potential to revolutionize sci-fi gaming and empower developers and individuals to create impressive games and experiences. 

heardle

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

It can yes, as long as RSI/CIG want to allow its use outside of Star Citizen/Squadron 42

ReplyQuote