Notifications
Clear all

Greetings from the Italian Wasteland

SkimmedMilk
(@skimmedmilk)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone!

I'm a long time gamer absolutely bored by the overwhelming number of fantasy games out there, and now that space sims are becoming a trend again, I think I'm the happiest person in the world!

I found this forum a while ago, and after lurking for a while I decided to register πŸ™‚

PS: I'm a graphic designer and a coder, and I'm actually working at a cooperative spaceship sim (but I'm not here to advertise, however I'm at the very beginning!)

Nice to meet you all!

CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Welcome aboard. You will find a lot of space enthusiasts, in this forum!!     

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Welcome to SSC, amigo.

Oolite Naval AttachΓ©

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Welcome to SSC and also feel to advertise your project πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

PS: I'm a graphic designer and a coder, and I'm actually working at a cooperative spaceship sim (but I'm not here to advertise, however I'm at the very beginning!)

Their are few of these types of games being worked on.

ReplyQuote
SkimmedMilk
(@skimmedmilk)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you everyone!

@SolCommand: first of all, congrats for your website! As a novice 3d graphic designer, I'm impressed by your work! Maybe one day or another I will ask you some advice! Actually I don't want to advertise because I am at the very beginning, I have only a couple of 3d models, some code in unity and very clear ideas, and I don't want to hype something that I'm not sure I will end (even considering that I'm working on it alone, and I want to release it for free...). But thank you anyway!

@Pinback: I am sorry, but even if I lived for seven months in England, sometimes I find hard to understand certain sentences (not enough practice in the english language, I think), so unfortunately your sentence isn't easy to understand for me. What do you mean? There are many games like these, or there aren't? Anyway, believe me, I'm trying to create something that I really want to play, but doesn't exist. I know because I spent my last three months looking for something, and I found only Pulsar: Lost Colony (but is only for 5 players, while I want to do something for at least 16 players on the same ship) and Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator.

That said, it's nice to meet you all!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

No all I meant was that their are some games being worked and as you say Plusar and Artemis and their also Union and I think Mandate will have some sort cooperative bridge.

ReplyQuote
SkimmedMilk
(@skimmedmilk)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Well, what you say is right. There are some games that are being developed with the same concept. But they are slightly different from what I am thinking.

Pulsar Lost Colony will be a great game. I'm eager to play it, really. But the ship will be commanded by only 5 players. Artemis instead suffers of some problems that I really can't stand. First of all, no 360 degrees of freedom. If you don't create you own "physical" bridge, it's only a bunch of screens with some data on them. Union will be a polished version of Artemis, but no "wandering around the spaceship". 

I didn't know about Mandate, but believe me, I'm thinking about something completely different πŸ™‚

The point is: I'm actually studying the creation of games, and I needed a project to bring from zero to the end. I needed the idea. And of course, my idea has been "learn to create the game that you really want to play!" πŸ™‚ That's why I'm doing something that is already in preparation. And if you think about it, how many 4x games are out there? A lot. Rpgs? Countless. FPS? Infinite. All these games share the same concepts, but they are different in "something". My game will (I hope, and if I succeed in ending it) be different in "something" πŸ™‚

Cheers!

EDIT: I forgot: sorry if my english sometimes is hard to understand. In my last time 4 months I didn't practice it, and I'm a little rusty πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome SkimmedMilk

SSC is all about the spreading of news and ideas so please don't hesitate to post about your project and if you think you need a forum area to discuss it you just need to say the word and I will create one for you. Cannot wait to read more about your ideas as you post them.

ReplyQuote