Notifications
Clear all

Hello

PolareX
(@polarex)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

Im glad that i found this forum and registered. The best space games i have played are: Imperium Galactica II, Homeworld 1&2, Haegemonia. Next to those i recently bought X3 gold (which i still have to play but the learning curve and consuming time is huge!) and Nexus the Jupiter Incident.

Looking back at all games, i think Homeworld is still the very best in the RTS genre. Allthough Imperium Galactica II also hit my personal ceiling cause i played it for years and years. I do hope that the space game community hasn't been forgotten by developers. A Homeworld 3, or a good second Nexus or Freelancer 3 would be a dream... That being said i have my hands full on Nexus for the moment and after that X3 waits for me. So no complaints here.

See ya later from a cold wet Holland.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Hey and welcome to SSC.

I've been waiting for another Nexus or Freelancer game for so long that I can say with a certain degree of certainty ... they'll never make a new version of those games 🙁 Yeah, I know, sad. Also I agree with you about Homeworld, it's most likely THE best game.

Cya

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Welcome to the SSC PolareX 🙂

Yes a nice selection of games you have there and yes, I have said this before but I will say it again, the world REALLY needs Homeworld 3 right now! Cataclysm was my favourite out of the bunch but only just, they were all good. HW 1 had the great story, Cataclysm had the great gameplay, plus story and HW2 was beautiful. Have you tried the Complex mod for HW2 yet? If not have a look here general-space-sim-chat-f10/homeworld2-complex-t894.html 😉

ReplyQuote
BrianRubin
(@brianrubin)
Senior Chief Registered

Always happy to meet another Imperium Galactica II fan. Probably my all-time favorite sci-fi 4X game. 🙂 Welcome aboard. 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC PolareX.

Dive into the threads and have fun and maybe there will be something in their you have tried yet. I like Nexus a lot myself and haven't played too much of Homeworld series but plan to soon.

ReplyQuote