Notifications
Clear all

Hello all from M0u53r

M0u53r
(@m0u53r)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Howdy,

I just bought a replacement joystick for one that died on me over a year ago. So I'm looking for some new space flight sims to play.

I've been an avid pc gamer ever since I convinced my parents to buy me a used PC that had a 486dx2/66 processor. Some of my early space sim gaming included tie fighter and wing commander.

The one space sim that I've play the most is Rise The Vieneo Province. (which isn't listed on your site) It's a MMOSIM. Although it isn't much of a massively multilayer game since there are only a few people that actually play the game. RtVP was originally designed with home cockpit/motion sim setups in mind. It consists of 3 applications that could be run on seperate networked PCs. The Client app handles the chat and communication with the game server. The sound module app takes care of all of the audio. And the Viewscreen peer app is for viewing the game. At one point you could run a second viewscreen peer on a separate PC to extend your view with a second monitor.

If you want to check it out the url is http://www.archive.org ) you might find some interesting stuff. (be sure to use IE since the older pages are not compatable with firefox).

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hey M0u53r welcome to SSC.

I know about Rise and I have it on the game links page. There just hasn't been a write up on the game itself. I haven't played it yet because of time reasons but feel free to post a nice review on the game it might peak peoples interests.

On some games you could play... there is quite the few still in development but some that are out that you can use that new joystick on is: Freelancer (lots of mods for this), Freespace 2 (use the FSO this really improves the FS2 experience), X3TC, Evochron Legends. In the main forums is a least of the most current and active game projects so check them out as well.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi M0u53r

Welcome to the SSC, hope you enjoy your stay here! 🙂

ReplyQuote