Notifications
Clear all

Hello there folks

getter77
(@getter77)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Only recently happened upon the place, lurked a bit, and reckoned I might as well register so as to comment and possibly do other things down the line.

Generally, I'm most "known" ( 😆 ) within the Roguelike community---as I am something of a resident monster. Currently, an old man of 26 while also a struggling would-be indie game developer grasping along to find my way and effective style---perhaps about there though on starting my first substantial foray in earnest alongside much long-ongoing research on the myriad of various tools and disciplines out there.

Been a fan of sci-fi games alongside the rest for a fair number of years, but was utterly absent from the party PC wise for the bulk of it---with the last pair that I actually spent any great amount of time with the likes of Radix: Beyond the Void and Tyrian. That said, I've grabbed much via GoG, Impulse, Steam, Gamersgate(Finding time to play them though...er...) and generally see much potential yet untapped within this niche much the same as with Roguelikes in general---ahead of the times while being behind the curve as I often reckon it.

Here's to keeping an eye on the pulse of things around here and perhaps more direct dealings down the line, cheers.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC, Getter.

There is a lot of projects going on in the scifi/space area of gaming and I think it is exciting and two games you might want to checkout is http://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/ and http://www.asciisector.net/ . I like Ascii Sector a lot and the content in that game is great and getting better. Have fun on SSC and look forward to your insights in the forums.

ReplyQuote
getter77
(@getter77)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Ah yes, quite aware of those 2 as well as Star Mass and a slim smattering of others as Sci-fi in general, let alone space, just hasn't been as common a romp versus the usual Fantasy fare. Especially expectant on the future of ASCII Sector since it dropped the Privateer aspect and the dev is charging headlong into those commercial projects he's got kicking around. I was also pleased to see that Lost in Flatspace II got a rather meaty patch in the recent past given the last patch of any stripe was well in excess of a year ago

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Welcome to the SSC Getter 🙂

ReplyQuote