Notifications
Clear all

Hello there !

darthspacer
(@darthspacer)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Well there isn't much to tell about me...

I love every sci-fi related, I'm specially fond of the star wars universe (namely the movies and games) and I have a thing for 4X games. 😀

Oh and love space sims.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hey Darthspacer

Welcome to SSC and I like Star Wars fan but more Trekkie fan (only because of MR Lucas)

I really like Nexus TJI myself and there is some excellent mods being worked on for that game.

ReplyQuote
darthspacer
(@darthspacer)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I liked Nexus though I wouldn't really categorize it as a 4X game, more like a homeworld kind of game.

It's enjoyable nonetheless, and I didn't know about the mods. I have since lost the CD, but if I find it for sale at steam or GoG I'll check it out again, thanks for the tip mate. 😉

Oh and the star trek series are nice too, but I still prefer star wars. 😛

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Darthspacer

Welcome to the SSC 🙂

So your a 4X'er fan? Have a fair few of those myself, Space Empires 4 & 5, Gal Civ 1&2, Armada 2526, Sins Of A Solar Empire, Sword Of The Stars and last but not least, Moo 1, 2 and 3. I still think Moo 2 is great 😉

As for Trek vs Star Wars, your both wrong, Babylon 5 beats them both and Blake's 7 beats that! 😛 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Hi DarthSpacer, welcome to the forums.

Geraldine don't forget Star Ruler and Distant Worlds, both pretty new. And I'm glad you didnt neglect to mention Moo3 🙂 So many others do. I actually really liked that game... After the patches were eventually released along with some decent mods. Yes it was nothing like the originals, but a good game all the same.

MoO2 still wins though 🙂 Maybe followed by SEV (I never really played IV but I heard its supposed to be better).

B5... What about Firefly? Or BSG?

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Well that's all the ones I have S20dan, mind you I forgot about Starlord on the miggy, that was a mix of space sim and 4X, great game that, oh and Reunion too was a bit 4Xish.

BSG & Firefly? Mmmmm, yes they were good, but Blake's 7 still tops the lot for me. Nothing like a really cheap British sci-fi show 😆

ReplyQuote