Notifications
Clear all

Hi

Stucuk
(@stucuk)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Im Stucuk, a programmer in Delphi. Since 2009 i have maintained Tarr Chronicles and Dark Horizon (Though not done much since 1.0.6.1 was released).

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC Stucuk.

I think I remember talking to you either on an old TC site about patches but I cannot remember. But thanks for your efforts in patching TC and DH. I think I might have those updated patches in the download area but I would have to check.

ReplyQuote
Stucuk
(@stucuk)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks, It would be the Old Beta Test Forums. New forums are now centralized with the rest of my forums (Unfortunately posts/etc were lost as i couldn't find any script to move data from one forum database to another which was made for the latest PHPBB).

Are people still playing TC/DH? Btw Quazar's website is back up, been back for a while, though forums were never restored (There is also some missing files/etc). Unfortunately Quazar is no more, though Timur and DrSensy are keeping the website up(I have no clue if that means there can never be an English version of ColdStars or if its still possible).

When it comes to Dark Horizon you don't need patches other than 1.0.6.1 (It requires no previous patches).

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Stucuk wrote:
Are people still playing TC/DH?

I DO! 🙂 Loved those games and thank you for doing those updates. These games are too often over looked and deserve to be played. Oh, and welcome to the SSC Stucuk 😎

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to SSC Stucuk.

Like to get a copy of Cold Stars but its nearly impossible, was there not an English text translation of the game. ❓

I might be thinking of some thing else there.

ReplyQuote
Stucuk
(@stucuk)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
Like to get a copy of Cold Stars but its nearly impossible, was there not an English text translation of the game. ❓

I might be thinking of some thing else there.

If im correct Quazar did an English Translation but no publisher outside of Russia wanted to release an English version(I assume due to the Global Recession they are "playing it safe" and investing less in more risky game types).

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Why go for a publisher when they can put it on Steam, Gamersgate and D2D and other digital download sites. It would at least bring in a little more money for the developers. Shame. Cold Stars looked really good and definitely had a feel of TC and DH. I doubt too many people would still be playing either of those games with all the recent projects coming to light. But like any game if the developers can continue to support or provide modding support usually a game will live on well past its prime.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Thought there was an English text for the game, think it mentioned some where in cold star thread.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=637&hilit=cold+stars

Digital probably the way to go, but I would still like a box copy.

ReplyQuote
Stucuk
(@stucuk)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

From my understanding Quazar doesn't own the rights to any of the games they have made. So if im correct only Akella could put Cold Stars on Steam.

ReplyQuote