Notifications
Clear all

Hi all....

vinnybarb
(@vinnybarb)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Just by accident I found this web site here with the new upgraded graphic wise FFE game and it sure looks good. Thank you people, whoever started to convert its graphics, it looks so good.

I come from way back, having played Elite I and Elite II on the Commodore 64, later on the Amiga too with FFE as well, the CD version. Last year I came across a FFE version which plays in WinXP, Win 7 and Win 8 and as I never reached ELITE status in the Amiga days on FFE, I had to have a crack at it and finally WITHOUT hacking the game reached ELITE status some months ago. I am still on a rank of Baron with the Imperial, never having sided with the Federation yet.

It is still adrenalin pumping, jumping into a Frontier sector and getting hammered by up to 4 ships at a time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say HELLO .

Vince Barbarino

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Welcome to SSC, amigo!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to the forums Vince.

Only got as far as dangerous on Elite back in the day, can't remember off hand what rank I got to in Frontier.

ReplyQuote
vinnybarb
(@vinnybarb)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for this warm welcome.

In case you are wondering about my avatar picture, it is a Split, one of the races from the X Series of space sims from EGOSOFT. You know, X beyond the Frontier, X Tension, X The Threat etc. I was a beta tester in the last 2 sims as well I had the best English language fan web site about these X Series of Sims called 'The Commander's Space Station" and my user name there was "Commander Jamieson", deliberately miss spelled as there were already some "Commander Jameson" with various different endings there.. That was soooooo long ago, I hardly remember .

Well, life moved on since then.

Vince

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome Vince and enjoy the place, might also want to give Oolite a try as well.

ReplyQuote