Notifications
Clear all

Astriarch - Ruler of the Stars

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Astriarch - Ruler of the Stars is a Turn-based, Single Player Space Strategy Game.

Build planetary improvements and star ships to capture planets and defeat your enemies.

Your ultimate goal is to become the master of the known universe, and earn the title of Astriarch!

Astriarch - Ruler of the Stars runs in your web browser using Microsoft's Silverlight development platform, you must have the Silverlight plugin installed in your broswer to play the game.

Homepage: http://www.astriarch.com/

masteredsoftware
(@masteredsoftware)
Petty Officer Registered

Thanks for posting this, this is a great forum for space games I'm glad I found it!

Astriarch is currently in beta, it will be considered 'gold' after music and sound effects have been added.

astriarch-game-ss.png

If anyone has comments or suggestions, feel free to let me know.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi There, welcome to the SSC 🙂

So you are the dev of this little gem? I had a quick play through of it and liked it. Very easy to get the hang of, and the computer opponent puts up stiff resistance too. I will remember and build up a massive fleet the next time I want to go planet grabbing! 😎

ReplyQuote
masteredsoftware
(@masteredsoftware)
Petty Officer Registered

Geraldine wrote:
Hi There, welcome to the SSC 🙂

So you are the dev of this little gem? I had a quick play through of it and liked it. Very easy to get the hang of, and the computer opponent puts up stiff resistance too. I will remember and build up a massive fleet the next time I want to go planet grabbing! 😎

Thank you for the greetings and for the feedback on the game, the computer can be very difficult, especially for the hard and expert levels. You are right about building a massive fleet, I find that once you have about 8 battleships and maybe some cruisers and destroyers in tow you can start moving from planet-to-planet and conquer pretty quickly, however sometimes you'll find that if you leave yourself undefended the computer will come and grab your planets during your assault.

thanks again for trying it out and letting me know!

-Matt

ReplyQuote
masteredsoftware
(@masteredsoftware)
Petty Officer Registered

We've just released Astriarch version 1.0, it includes a stellar soundtrack and game-play balance improvements. Thanks to Resonant for the killer ambient music.

I think the game has a much better feel now that it has some music to go along with planetary domination.

astriarch-game-ss-1.0.0a.png

Play it now here: Astriarch - Ruler of the Stars

Let me know if you try it out or if you have any feedback.

Also, a tablet version of Astriarch is currently in the works, so watch for an Android and/or iOS version coming soon!

-Matt

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks for the update masteredsoftware.

I went to the link and it told me my silverlight version was out of date, I have version Silverlight 4 (4.0.60310.0). And I am using Google Chrome's latest browser.It gives me two options, to update plugin or to run with existing. Update doesn't do anything but running it with current version works. Just wondering if you planned on making a exe version of Astriarch?

ReplyQuote
masteredsoftware
(@masteredsoftware)
Petty Officer Registered

DarkOne wrote:
...I went to the link and it told me my silverlight version was out of date, I have version Silverlight 4 (4.0.60310.0). And I am using Google Chrome's latest browser.It gives me two options, to update plugin or to run with existing. Update doesn't do anything but running it with current version works.

Thanks for letting me know about that, it uses Silverlight 3, so I thought that wasn't a problem since I thought it would be backwards compatible, sounds like it is, it just warns you, annoying. I'll have to upgrade to silverlight 4 on one of my machines so that I can test it.

DarkOne wrote:
Just wondering if you planned on making a exe version of Astriarch?

Well, I thought about providing a 'stand alone' version, which is possible with silverlight without much work, but over the past while I've been porting the code from C#/Silverlight to be Javascript/HTML5/Canvas, with the goal of not requiring the silverlight plugin and potentially being able to make versions that will work on tablet devices (iOS/Android). It would be fun to eventually make a mulitplayer version also, but that would most likely require some more complex server-side code.

Anyways, thanks for the comment and the heads up on that strange silverlight version message.

-Matt

ReplyQuote
masteredsoftware
(@masteredsoftware)
Petty Officer Registered

Astriarch: Ruler of the Stars version 1.0.1 has just been released.

Version 1.0.1 includes new features to improve playability. There are now planet strength indicators shown above each planet as well as a new feature to keep building the last ship built on each planet. The easy computer AI is now slightly less aggressive and a bug related to the AI build logic has been fixed.

astriarch-game-ss-1.0.1.png

ReplyQuote