Notifications
Clear all

All private space mission

MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Inspiration4 a big deal?

The first private orbital spaceflight with passengers being all private citizens.

Technically, one of the most important features of the mission is that the crew will not directly pilot the spacecraft. It has autonomous control. This is the advancement in the automatic control systems.

This is a step in the human spaceflight to be successful for the legacy of the previous attempt.

They say this is a proof flight that anyone can go. Despite my doubts that it can happen any time in the near future, this is the milestone.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Agreed, once these craft can go on auto-pilot from liftoff to docking that will be a huge step into providing more freedom/missions. Sure will be a nervous re-entry with no pilot 😉 But once we have perfected this for the most part we could see a lot more regular flights to space you would think... because now we can bring other experts into space that wouldn't have gone before to run tests.

ReplyQuote
MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

@sscadmin 

😀
Who is flying to space, take one step!...

backwards

ReplyQuote
e.lenatregub
(@e-lenatregub)
Crewman Registered

I like to share interesting space facts. For example, there are no sounds in space due to the absence of air. That's why even powerful galactic explosions occur in complete silence.

ReplyQuote
JackWhite
(@jackwhite)
Crewman Registered

Yes, it is. We will see later how it became an industry that's for sure. I bet SpaceX is already doing its job to improve the technology of launching (probably making it cheaper) and then do much more civilian launchers. The matter of time really 🙂

ReplyQuote