Notifications
Clear all

Carrier command 2

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

It a another sequel to Carrier Command and it's by Microprose, not the old company but a new one, as I read it, it's someone who used to work for Micropose and he has being buying up their old IP.

Check it out on Steam Carrier Command 2 on Steam (steampowered.com) Game also coming out in VR, never played the original but by all accounts it was pretty good game on the Amiga/ST.

Geraldine liked
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Wooo Carrier Command was awesome! A real classic that had two remakes! Hostile waters..

And Carrier Command Gaea Mission

And of course the classic original

ReplyQuote
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

The demo was available during Steam Next Fest.  Was pretty neat.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Have a copy of Gaea missions but have never played it.

Pity about the demo not being available any more, hopefully they will put a new one up before release.  

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Posted by: @pinback

Have a copy of Gaea missions but have never played it.

I have that one installed on my pc and have played a few missions in it, I need to keep playing it. Its an okay game, I am not a huge fan of always hopping from one unit to another. The AI could definitely be better improved in my opinion. But if this sequel institutes some good 'command' automation this could be a nice title, especially if you could like in the present game join in on missions and still hop from unit to unit.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@sscadmin I found the AI to be better in Hostile Waters, plus you get Paul Darrow and Tom Baker doing voice overs.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geraldine

@sscadmin I found the AI to be better in Hostile Waters, plus you get Paul Darrow and Tom Baker doing voice overs.

Oh I'm going to have to get a copy of Hostile water now, with Doctor Who and Avon in it. 😎 

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@pinback 

Anyone who knows their Brit Sci-fi would agree with you I think. 😉

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Anyone who knows their Brit Sci-fi would agree with you I think.

Aye! You would've thought that Blake's 7 had all the ingredients for a really good movie: a bunch of misfits/rebels, each with their own agenda, against a totalitarian government, a mysterious 'alien' spaceship, a supercomputer... <sighs wistfully>

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@cody 

There was rumors of a remake but I hope it never comes to pass. Paul Darrow could never be replaced, nor could the rest of the cast

B7

Cody liked
ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

I know what you mean - it'd be hard to replace Jacqueline Pearce too! But...

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Have to admit I would love to see a reboot of Blakes 7 and if it was done well it could rival any of the modern sci-fi series, but from what I have read their appears to be a problem with Terry Nations estate who hold the IP to the series.    

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Who would you cast as Servalan, the ruthless President of the Terran Federation?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @cody

Who would you cast as Servalan, the ruthless President of the Terran Federation?

How about Gillian Anderson.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @pinback

How about Gillian Anderson.

That's not a bad call, Pinback. Daniela Nardini played Servalan pretty good in the Blake's 7 audio dramas.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

It might be worth pointing out what such a good developer Microprose was back in the day. Take a walk though their back catalog in this video. How many can you remember? They sure made some of the most popular games of the 16 bit age.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

How many can you remember?

I recognise many of the titles, but I think Silent Service II is the only one I played.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Did not know that they did Rick Dangerous or that they had done made that many F1 games.

Remember that one of the Amiga mags said that their was a bug in B17 flying fortress where if you did not take off you could drive the plane to the target on the ground.

And getting the demo of Knights of the Sky and paying it for ages as you could fly all the planes in the game, one of the best demos ever released, had a bit of a knock on effect as I never bought the full game, too much fun playing the demo.

Waiting ages for the Amiga to take it turn in both Civilization and UFO.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Pinback

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

They made so many great games, some of my favorites were Civ, Colonization, UFO, Subwar 2050 Silent Service 1&2, Gunship 2000 and F117A Nighthawk. So many great titles that are still worth playing today. 🙂
I guess with folk like Sid Meier, the Gallop Brothers and others doing the programming and Allister Brimble doing so much of the music, these games were always going to be special. Remember the atmospheric music from Subwar 2050? Amiga version of course! 😉

Allister also did a remaster of the Subwar track, here it is below

Pinback liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Game should be out today and I have seen a review where they were complaining about having too much to do in single player game as in too much management of systems. 

ReplyQuote