Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] !! Pioneer Question Time !! - Ask them here

Page 52 / 52

E
 E
(@e)
Crewman Registered

How do you upgrade saves from version 20200203 to the latest version?

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

ReplyQuote
Skyworm
(@skyworm)
Crewman Registered

Hello,

I'm new to Pioneer and after 2 flights I have my first questions. I'm using this version:

pioneer-20220203-win

1. The manual mentions a galaxy map with F8, I don't find it in game. Is it gone?

2. The manual also mentions planetary, economic and demographics information somewhere under F7 system map. But I am unable to find them.

Can any one help me out?

Thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

Hi!

Sadly with all the UI changes, the Wiki got a bit outdated (general shoutout: contributions are welcome! If somebody wants to help out, but not sure how, caring for this kind of documentation is a big help).

The galaxy map got removed a while ago during the migration to the imgui UI system.

The demographic and economic info should be visible on both the Orbital Map and the new Atlas View, on the right side. And a very brief summary is also present on the Sector Map.

ReplyQuote
Skyworm
(@skyworm)
Crewman Registered

@nozmajner 

Thanks for the quick answer.

Contributing to the Wiki ist certainly a good idea, but I'd like to know the game way better before doing that 😉

What I can imagine very soon is a post with first hour play tips, that (at least I) did not get from reading the Wiki. If you could point me where to start something like that, I think I'd do that. And perhaps that may be a base for taking on the wiki at a later time.

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

A collection of tips sounds like a good idea.
You need to register on the wiki to be able to edit. I think users need activation, yell at me if you can't edit after registering, and I'll activate you.

ReplyQuote
mijji
(@mijji)
Crewman Registered

Are the flight logs saved somewhere in text so I can have them later if/when my pilot suffers an untimely end? Either personal or automatic logs.

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

@mijji Short answer: no. Longer anser: I believe we've disabled lua code to do file I/O for security reasons, but it's a good idea. I might look into it sometime the comming months.

ReplyQuote
Arsen7
(@arsen7)
Crewman Registered

Hi guys! 🖐️ 

After a century of searching (if you round the dates to full hundreds), I have finally found you! I used to frantically play Frontier on my Atari ST. Since these good old days, I couldn't find any similar game (Kerbal Space program is great, but it's something different) with that Newtonian flight model. Until last week.

Reading the wiki I've found some innocent typos, so I've tried to register. The registration formular was claiming that the email is optional, so I happily left it empty. Of course I have found the date when the game begins. On Barnard's star! That's how competent I still feel! 😎 Sadly, the Save Page Attempt Message (SPAM) was telling me that the problem was with the captha question.

I will try to register with an email in a few hours (I've some work to do first), but I just wanted to let you know about that possible quirk. And I somehow felt that this forum could use some additional traffic, no? 😉

ReplyQuote
m
 m
(@m)
Crewman Registered

I made a mod adding a faction and a custom system but how do i force the custom system to be the homeworld for that faction

In the faction files there is a parameter called homeworld(x,x,x,x,x). I know the first three are the coordinates but what are the last two?

edit: nvm i fixed it but how do i set population and tech level of a system and it's bodies

This post was modified 2 years ago 3 times by m

ReplyQuote
spaceship-buran
(@spaceship-buran)
Petty Officer Registered

Some questions about exploring. Some information at the capital sources get me hope to find the most interesting place in the galaxy - it's center. I want to try to get to Sagittarius A*. Is it possible to do, and what ship is good for that expedition?

С уважением / With respect
spaceship-buran

ReplyQuote
ludovicus
(@ludovicus)
Crewman Registered

Heya, is there a way to enable an equivalent of 'Elite control method' in pioneer? Or rolling using the mouse? Couldn't find a way of configuring that, any help is appreciated!

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

@ludovicus: What do you mean by Elite control method?

You can't put roll on the mouse. Maybe witha virtual joystic workaround you can do that though.

Most, but not all controls are rebindable in the settings. You can use justicks too.

@spaceship-buran: (sorry, late reply) you can't really travel to the center of the galaxy without cheats, because your hyperdrive will breake down after several years if you don't maintain it reguraliry, and you can only do that on a station.

ReplyQuote
spaceship-buran
(@spaceship-buran)
Petty Officer Registered

Thanks for responding!

Huh, so, what about cheats?

С уважением / With respect
spaceship-buran

ReplyQuote
Page 52 / 52