Notifications
Clear all

Alien Prequels now Prometheus

Page 1 / 2

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Ridley Scott busy for a 72 year old not content with doing the Forever war he also has a hand in with the Alien prequels. Last time I read anything about the film scott was not directing it although it looks like that may have changed.

http://www.scificool.com/ridley-scott-t ... -prequels/

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I guess the key here is will he get the funding to do the movies right? I would like an Alien based movie with a hint of action of the Aliens. The others were ok popcorn movies. Mr Scott should bring Alien back to the horror and suspense... which made the series famous.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like they are thinking about exploring the relationships between the space jockey and the aliens,ie were the alien created as some sort of biological weapon.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

That will be interesting indeed. Because from the first movie you are just left hanging on what is the deal with that ship and the alien inside and of course why are all the alien pods there? Doing that type of storyline you would think that the screen should be dominated by the aliens instead of the human actors. And if I read this right they thought about making two movies?

Sometimes I hate the 'prequel' kick that all the movie houses are on. Why not put this stuff in the original and then make a sequel? πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I got the impression from the first Aliens Vs Predator movie that it was the Predators themselves who created the Aliens as a training tool. The Space Jockey did not look like a Predator though, since the first Alien movie was out before the first Predator movie. Perhaps they could work a story line about one of these transport missions the Predators carried out to take Alien eggs to Earth that went wrong? Or maybe the ship was trying to escape a massive Alien outbreak disaster that happened on their homeworld that destroyed the Predator species? Since they are absent from the later Alien movies, this would explain that.

Just some thoughts. I would be happy if Mr Scott was involved in this, but maybe such a hypothetical movie would be too action centred with large scale battles, if so Mr Cameron is the only man for the job. Hey just had another thought, why not have both working together! Mr Scott doing the up close suspense bits and Mr Cameron doing the expansive big noisy stuff? Hey it could work! πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

In the first film Ash seem to indicate that the company knew about the aliens and the ship had been diverted so the company could get hold of some specimens. And in the interview the prequel is said to takes place some 30 year before the events in Alien. So I would guess we get to find out how the company came across the space jockey and what relationship they have to the aliens.

No idea why they thinking of making two you think they could tell the story in one film.

I think they are trying to kickstart both the Alien and Predator franchises but keep them separate from each other.I always thought it was shame they never filmed the original Dark Horse comic version of Alien V Predator as it was way better than the two films that have been made.

Last time I read anything about who was directing it, they said Scott is going to act as producer on it as it seems he might be doing the Forever War.

And we all know what Cameron doing Thunder cats 2 πŸ˜†

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I totally forgot about that little bit of info from the first movie that they did know about it. I know in AVP Earth was used as their playground but the alien hunt was very controlled process and they didn't get out and ravage the earth. And the AVP movies did portray the Aliens as hostile but dominated species. But in the original movie it would seem like the Aliens were the Space Jockey's weapon if you will and they unleash them to cleanse worlds? Maybe a mishap happened and the Aliens took over.

It would be nice to have them go way back and explain all of this and make it purely a CGI movie with some narrative.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Darkone wrote:

It would be nice to have them go way back and explain all of this and make it purely a CGI movie with some narrative.

They could thinking of doing some thing like that as there have been few other films recently that have had CGI filmed back story which have been released on DVD before the main film has come out.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

PINBACK wrote:
In the first film Ash seem to indicate that the company knew about the aliens and the ship had been diverted so the company could get hold of some specimens.

Correct Pinback. The expedition to the alien infested ziggurat under Antarctic was funded by Weyland-Yutani in the first AVP movie and they even got one of the Predators shoulder guns too. So they must have known about the Aliens and what to look out for. Here is what the Wiki had to say http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weyland-Yutani

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
Here is what the Wiki had to say http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weyland-Yutani

Never knew Weyland-Yutani was in part named after British Leyland. πŸ˜†

ReplyQuote
sydjanus
(@sydjanus)
Petty Officer Registered

I seem to recall that the original cross-over was more of an inside easter egg/joke, including the Alien skull in the predator ship in Predator 2. I would've preferred if it was never made into cannon with the crossover stuff. Alien was great because of the world building, setting, and suspense, and the Alien was scary because it was a mystery. Now it's all sort of out of the dark closet and into the harsh kitchen lights, and I have a hard time imagining it recapturing that.

You don't stick an armored platoon engaged in weathering an airstrike into a hardboiled detective film, and likewise I don't think taking a sci-fi suspense film (albiet one that trended toward action flick as the series ground on) and making it into a marvel-DC style crossover was a good decision.

/my 2 cents πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Very true Sydjanus, the later movies did remove alot of the mystique of the original, but what is done cannot be undone. Perhaps there is a feeling of wanting to know more about their origins.

But there is also another question to consider concerning the AvP thang. If the Predators did create the Alien species, perhaps they also hand in human evolution too? Tailoring homo sapiens to provide the best host for the Aliens.:? After all, morals were never a strong point for the Predators....

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Geraldine wrote:
If the Predators did create the Alien species, perhaps they also hand in human evolution too? Tailoring homo sapiens to provide the best host for the Aliens.

Interesting theory there Geraldine.... I like it.

I know generally in the predator movies that most of the time they never harmed unarmed humans, so maybe there is some sort of connection?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I donΓƒΖ’Γ†β€™Γƒβ€šΓ‚Β’ΓƒΖ’Γ‚Β’ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…Β‘Γƒβ€šΓ‚Β¬ΓƒΖ’Γ‚Β’ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…ΒΎΓƒβ€šΓ‚Β’t think the predators created the aliens its been some what vaguely established that the space jockey race has some thing to do with the aliens and as the space jockey has been referred to as a bomber pilot, who was on a mission with a cargo full eggs when some thing went wrong . There could be a possibility that the space jockeys race could have been at war with the predator .But as the film is set some 30 years before the events in Alien I donΓƒΖ’Γ†β€™Γƒβ€šΓ‚Β’ΓƒΖ’Γ‚Β’ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…Β‘Γƒβ€šΓ‚Β¬ΓƒΖ’Γ‚Β’ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…ΒΎΓƒβ€šΓ‚Β’t think we will see anything like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Jockey_%28Alien%29

I think the film is more likely to be about how the company found out about the aliens and obviously they did not get what they were after, so it would led to the company to instructing their ships and androids to respond to any alien signals they picked up in space. Hence leading upto events 30 years later in Alien.

ReplyQuote
Solace
(@solace)
Senior Chief Registered

Oh yeah, I heard they're making a prequel.

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered

I always thought they found the Aliens and decided to hunt them for sport because they were bored. πŸ˜†

Humans with guns aren't as challenging to kill as a stealthy wall crawling monster.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Just been looking for any news on the Alien prequel and found this http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-n ... rapace.php

I really looking forward to seeing that, still I suppose it will be interesting to see what Scott has come up with and I wonder how much this will effect his other scifi project the Forever War.

ReplyQuote
ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered

Didn't Predators do HORRIBLY? Lets hope they don't ruin the Alien prequel(s).

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I actually kinda liked the last Predators movie and think that is the way they should have taken the series the whole time. I would be happy with the Alien prequels if they cover really what a prequel should cover the origins and how you got to the first Alien movie. But I they should never do one if they are not going to cover that, by the looks of it, it is on hold/canceled currently.

Prometheus does look interesting and will be worth a watch since H.R. Giger will be creating the aliens 😈

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I enjoyed Predators, itΓƒΖ’Γ†β€™Γƒβ€šΓ‚Β’ΓƒΖ’Γ‚Β’ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…Β‘Γƒβ€šΓ‚Β¬ΓƒΖ’Γ‚Β’ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…ΒΎΓƒβ€šΓ‚Β’s a bit like ten little Indians with each of them getting bump off in turn but apart from that its not a bad film..

Speaking of Predators just picked up the special edition of Predator 2 and on the audio commentary by the writers they mention if there was another film they would not set it on alien planet. The commentary from 2005.

Would like to see how the predator got that pistol which is given to Danny Glover character at the end of the film. ❓

ReplyQuote
Coolhand
(@coolhand)
Master Chief Registered

Yeah that scene implies a back story - suggests that predators are really old or have been here a lot in the past, but maybe he'd just recently visited an antique shop. πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Some news about Prometheus from Comic-Con

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/988412/ ... peaks.html

Anyone seen the footage it mentions, been looking on youtube but canΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β€žΒ’t find anything.

apart from this pic.

0001-285575.png

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Some footage from Prometheus on coming soon net.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85275

Full trailer for the film out this Thursday πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Best film of 2012 and some good scfi set in the future. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered

Looks great! Can't wait for this one πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2