Notifications
Clear all

Empire at 40

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Awesome vid from ILM chatting too the effects legends, Dennis Muren, Joe Johnston, Phil Tippett, and Lorne Peterson about the making of the Empire Strikes Back. 😎 😎 😎

Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

Thanks for the vid man, I have to admit that Empire strikes back was in my opinion, the pinnacle of the franchise. It was without a doubt, the one movie that was sure to please fans of all ages without getting too cute or ridiculous. I'm truly saddened by where this franchise has wound up, but at least we can always go back to Empire... 

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Rogue One, The Mandalorian and Solo, are very good. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Star Wars and Empire are the best of the films, Jedi was always the weakest of the original films but compared to the newer ones it look like a master class in filmmaking.

Really sad to see Star Wars go from space opera to soap opera where every one is related to each other. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Posted by: @captainkal

Rogue One, The Mandalorian and Solo, are very good. 

I enjoyed both Rogue One and The Mandalorian.... Solo was okay, definitely better than SW7-9 🙂 Maybe they should just make one off films and stop with the series I think they might make something of better quality when peoples expectations are lower.

Posted by: @pinback

Star Wars and Empire are the best of the films, Jedi was always the weakest of the original films but compared to the newer ones it look like a master class in filmmaking.

I know George Lucas made some fat money selling the rights to Disney, but must be hard watching a company ruin your creation. I have read that he would come back to work on Star Wars only if he gets 100% creative control, if I was Disney they should give it to him, it is about the money right.... fans would love to watch a new film produced/directed by him. I have actually been surprised Disney hasn't come out with a Star Wars box set, been waiting on one to buy all the movies on blu-ray

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

You know I don't think Lucas would have done any better and it has been said that Gary Kurts was the one who keep Lucas on the ball and without his inference, Lucas would get bogged down and his input was missed in Jedi and the prequels.

ReplyQuote