Notifications
Clear all

Hello

ThymineC
(@thyminec)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey. I'm ThymineC. I saw your post over on the Limit Theory forums. I used to be the most profilic poster there - I got up to like 3500 posts or so before Gazz banned me, called the police on me and tried to get me expelled from university. My poor attempt at game design was a pretty fun hobby while it lasted.

I just wanted to say that your game looks pretty sweet based on the few videos I've watched so far. Also I love your handle - The Player of Games was an awesome novel.

MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

Hey. I'm ThymineC. I saw your post over on the Limit Theory forums. I used to be the most profilic poster there - I got up to like 3500 posts or so before Gazz banned me, called the police on me and tried to get me expelled from university. My poor attempt at game design was a pretty fun hobby while it lasted.

I just wanted to say that your game looks pretty sweet based on the few videos I've watched so far. Also I love your handle - The Player of Games was an awesome novel.

Hey thanks, jesus what a tale! He called the police on you? What did you do? lol

Yeah the Player of Games is an awesome book, in some ways I think Mawhrin-Skel was playing Gurgeh more than anything else, he's a nasty little drone!

ReplyQuote
ThymineC
(@thyminec)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I hate people who have children so over time I focused more on being an antinatalist arsehole to the breeders on the forum and less on game design. I created a bot that went into the Limit Theory IRC and spammed about hating breeders. It wasn't just Gazz, a bunch of people wrote to the police and my university.

I really ought to read more of the Culture series. Great sci-fi.

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

I hate people who have children so over time I focused more on being an antinatalist arsehole to the breeders on the forum and less on game design. I created a bot that went into the Limit Theory IRC and spammed about hating breeders. It wasn't just Gazz, a bunch of people wrote to the police and my university.

I really ought to read more of the Culture series. Great sci-fi.

Why do you hate people that have children? I'm gobsmacked, I think population issues are obvious but creating a bot is something else.

But... why? lol

ReplyQuote
ThymineC
(@thyminec)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

There's no act more sick or more cruel than bringing a child into this world. Not murder, not torture, not rape. Breeding actually really isn't all that dissimilar from rape if you think about it; one is imposing an enormous amount of suffering on another individual without their consent in order to satisfy one's own base, animalistic instincts, and the other's forced sex.

No one asks to be born, yet we're dragged into this miserable shithole of a planet by our parents anyway. Life is this meaningless, malignantly useless thing that's forced upon us until we have the good fortune to kick the bucket.

“If children were brought into the world by an act of pure reason alone, would the human race continue to exist? Would not a man rather have so much sympathy with the coming generation as to spare it the burden of existence, or at any rate not take it upon himself to impose that burden upon it in cold blood?” -- Arthur Schopenhauer

Edit: And building a breeder-hate bot really wasn't that big of a deal. I've done a lot worse than that.

One time I discovered a woman on Reddit that had her first child as a teenager. There is no type of person I hate more than teenage breeders, since a number of studies correlate teenage pregnancy with a myriad of problems for the child, including lower IQ, lower academic attainment, higher chance of incarceration, higher chance of medical problems, etc. So I hounded this person for several months until eventually she deleted her account. I found another person like her on Reddit. I hounded her for nearly a year. I found out everything about her - her real name, her date of birth, her children's names and ages, her husband's name, their jobs, their date and location of marriage, her Facebook, etc. She's deleted her account now as well.

Another time I came across a breeder on Reddit and let him know what a piece of shit he was. Someone took a screenshot of my post and posted it on r/cringepics, where it gathered over 200,000 views. About 1200 people commented on that post, saying they were glad I would never breed and saying what an arsehole I was. http://imgur.com/r/cringepics/aA4XhsN

“A coin is turned around before it is handed to the beggar, yet a child is unflinchingly tossed into cosmic bruteness.” -- Peter Wessel Zapffe

ReplyQuote