Notifications
Clear all

Gemini Wars

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Gemini Wars is a RTS that is in development by Camel 101. Looks like a game like Armada 2526 and Sins of the Solar Empire.

Checkout the website here: http://www.geminiwars.com

Quote:

Decades have passed since war erupted between the United Space Federation and the Alliance of Free Worlds.

A bloody conflict that seemed to have reached a stalemate is now about to change, when a third faction suddenly appears.

Take control of a fleet commander returned from exile, and join an epic war across the stars.

Platform: PC/Mac

Features:

- 3 unique factions, with different units and strategies.

- Epic single player campaign.

- Ability to control fleets of starships, space stations and planets.

- Research tree leading to powerful units and upgrades.

- Cinematic battle camera.

- Multiplayer action providing endless re-playability.

- Unique gameplay providing a refreshing twist to the RTS genre.

Gameplay:

In Gemini Wars, you are a fleet commander rising through the ranks of the United Space Federation forces.

Start with a small group of frigates, and climb your way to controlling battleships, carriers and planetary bases, in huge space battles and boarding actions.

Build space stations and orbital facilites to fortify your position, build your fleet, extract minerals and research upgrades.

Execute boarding actions using marine special forces, and bombard your enemies with orbital long range cannons.

Join the conflict on Gemini Sector on Q4 2011.

LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

nice i love rts space games end of the year a must buy somehow i just knew this year was going to be good for games shame there its nothing coming out this month or feb O_o

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

The graphics are kick-ass but SOASE still looks better I believe.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

SolCommand wrote:
The graphics are kick-ass but SOASE still looks better I believe.

Sins of a Solar Empire? tryed it did not like 😯 alot of memu's i hate that its ok if you are playing a rpg but not a rts

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

That's one of my favorite sci-fi RTS games. I was really impressed by how it looked, the graphics were crystal clear and it's definitely in my top 10 games "evar" 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

SoTSE engine is a good one, shame they don't release it to everyone for free 🙂 But I would tend to agree there is a lot of menu/ui work to do in that game. Least from the videos Gemini Wars looks to be pretty simplified which I tend to like a lot these days. Gemini Wars will be released later in the year so it will be nice to see what else Camel 101 does with the game until then. Wonder if they will have a beta... might have to contact them and see if they can pop in 🙂

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Oooh, this looks very nice. but I may only be attracted to this game because my birthday is in June. 😛

ReplyQuote
Tycow
(@tycow)
Crewman Registered

They've released a new gameplay trailer of Gemini Wars. Looks amazing... make sure you watch it in HD! 😀

There's also a good Destructoid interview here - http://www.destructoid.com/you-are-not- ... 4255.phtml

SolCommand wrote:
That's one of my favorite sci-fi RTS games. I was really impressed by how it looked, the graphics were crystal clear and it's definitely in my top 10 games "evar" 🙂

Sins was ok. Pretty, but ultimately shallow. No single player campaign really let the game down. 🙁

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

What I did notice about the previous trailer was that Gemini Wars takes a bit from Conquest Frontier Wars in that you build your buildings/command areas around the orbit of the planet.

I saw this video to that shows off the power of the fighter squadrons....

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Having a quick look around their website, I can see they have some very talented people on board for this. Could this be the game that could finally scratch that Homeworld 3 itch? 😎

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Glancing over the blog and its nice to see the blog updates about the individual ships being added to the game and their background.

ReplyQuote
Hawat
(@hawat)
Crewman Registered

This game looks interesting, but that teleport right in front of enemy troops of the whole player fleet in the trailer looks quite weird. No room for planning, maneuver or anything. I hope its just because its an early build.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Some new screen shots from Gemini Wars which can be downloaded on the Iceberg site.

http://iceberg-interactive.com/news-mainmenu-33.html

Also a release date of 1Q 2012.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

nice i will be getting this 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Box version out on the 8 of June according to Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc ... 07019.html

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

That is about right time frame because I will be reviewing that shortly.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Yup this one out now, must update my list.

Anyone played it.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I have, I will try to get the review up this weekend.

ReplyQuote