Hyperventila The Game
I do believe that I forgot to start a thread for this game despite putting it in the 10 games for 2020 thread.
2d RPG and explore the galaxy ect. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1153570/Hyperventila_The_Game/ should be out in September and their is a demo that you can try out now, that's if Steam has not removed it already.
Enter the narrative rich open world of Hyperventila in this adventure filled space fantasy RPG. Explore the Hyperventila galaxy and engage in galactic affairs.
This demo features its own unique campaign, side quests and characters!
Travel to the Tryon System and unravel the mystery of what happened to an old friend. Join the resistance against an oppressive empire. Trade, negotiate and fight!
Take on the role of a starship captain thrown into an extraordinary situation.
When three time travellers mysteriously appear on your ship, with unusual abilities, you can help them ...or use them.
One thing is certain, their powers will allow you to shape and reshape the Hyperventila galaxy forever.
These initial events will put you at the center of a political power struggle. You hold the key to the future of the galaxy.
You have complete freedom to choose its fate as you conquer, discuss and trade your way to greater influence.
- Pilot your own starship
- Explore space stations and planets
- Gain and combine magical abilities
- A whole galaxy at your mercy
Had a play around with the demo and really enjoyed it, like the docking 😎, very much reminds me of the Traveller games but it does not have the in-depth RPG part that the older games had.
One thing that is mot so good is the movement on the ground which is an awkward WASD keyboard to move while using the mouse to face the direction to move in.
New vid about the game and a Indiegogo page as well https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hyperventila-a-galactic-adventure#/ 36 days with a flexible goal of 10K. you can also read about some more details on that page.
Definitely looks promising, I would be interesting in learning more about these rpg elements of the game. Is it easy to play with keyboard and mouse or would a controller be better to play this one @Pinback?
Never thought to try a joypad but my PC one is broken but as I said the keyboard controls are awkward to use, would have been better to go with the left button on the mouse to walk to target, right button to interact or shoot when on the ground, keyboard controls work fine in the space part of the game.
Playing the demo it looks like the RPG bit is going to be light side as in no stats to upgrade and not sure what's going on with the inventory although may not be finished in the demo. You can interact with different people on the ground and I would guess other ship while in space.
Think he missed a trick in not making any of the ship have a large cargo hold where you could drive a vehicle onto the ship although you can get some of the smaller one in the airlocks.
Not seen any variation in the planets atmospheres and no special equipment needed although if you do go out while in space you change into a spacesuit.
According to the Steam page the game has been put back until Jan next year.
Nice little video about the hazards of drinking alcohol in space.
And the game is now out on Steams early access.
Nut's it the multiplayer version of the game not the single player which is still being worked on.
Game get's an update but I this is to do with the multiplayer as their still no word on the single player part of the game, innless I missed an announcement.
This update includes the new PJ-400 ship on the dev branch and performance optimizations, additional game credits and fixes for the main branch of the game.Build 0.1.6.7
- Added PJ-400 ship
- Added Noor system planet sprites (Telnoor, Wanoor, Garnoor)
- Added Cellusti system planet sprites (Boryn, Karmach)
- Added Messadon system planet sprites (Wanmae, Cendae)
- Added Epoc system planet sprite (Khan)
- Added Roofus system planet sprite (Loren)
- Added toxicity status indicator & effect
- Added radiation status indicator & effect
- Added GALCOM signal sound effect
- Added damage and fire effect when player EVA's near sun
- Updated weapon movement animation
- Updates to cargo missions
- Updated planet cloud rotation (space)
- Updated planetary selection
- Updated game credits to include IndieGogo Supporters
- Updated gas giant shading
- Game engine updated to GM v2.3.2
- Fixed issue where faction logos would not show up properly
- Fixed issue with shipyard inventory drag-n-drop
- Fixed Striker MK1 attachment points
- Fixed weapons being able to fire through thin walls if player stands close to said wall
- Surface optimisations