Have completely missed this as it was announced about 3 months ago, I had a few issues with the first game, mostly to do with the game engine he was using and it look like he may have changed it.
Will have to try and find out if it's seamless planetary entry or a loading screen and if he has changed that wasd control scheme for the space flight.
Looks like it did have a failed Kickstarter in Feb but it looks like it will still be coming to Steams early access. SpaceBourne 2 on Steam (steampowered.com)
SpaceBourne 2 is an RPG-based, open-universe, single-player space shooter with an additional Third-person shooter game with dozens of features such as role-play, mining, trading, piracy, crafting, and deep exploration. The main story picks up where it left off in Spacbourne, but now your main goal is to raise a new empire in the galaxy. But how you do it is entirely up to you.
SpaceBourne 2 offers you tens of thousands of solar systems. Each solar system has a different structure, different planets to land on, and different areas to explore. All the locations, from solar systems to planets are procedurally generated. This makes each system unique and has tons of points to explore.
SpaceBourne 2 offers you huge planet surfaces. Each planet has its structure, climate, biomass, and gravity with cities, villages, caves, outposts, secrets to interact with. And the galaxy has tens of thousands of different planets that you can land on and explore.
Every scenario needs a hero.
In SpaceBourne you have two of them; Your Pilot and your Ship
With the new character customization system and the realistic rendering feature of Unreal Engine, you will create lifelike characters and embark on an adventure with your ships that you have modified according to your own preferences.
SpaceBourne 2 offers a deep diplomacy system. In the new system, there are Starlords loyal to each faction, and houses connected to Starloards. Each house has separate characteristics, stations, planets, cities, and fleets.
Diplomacy can now be done not only with factions but also with Starlords and Houses.
The relations of the Starlords in the galaxy can change all diplomatic dynamics in the game. This forces you to think hard before you act.
"Any galaxy is too big for one person to rule. "
In SpaceBourne 2 you are not your own on your journey. You have companions that can you at combat and lead.
layers can assign team members to different roles on board according to their skills.
At the same time, players can take 2 members from the team to fight with us in third-person shooter missions.
We're also planning to add the ability to assign individual tasks to each team member. In other words, the player will be able to create a team and send them on a mission.
SpaceBourne 2 offers a different mining experience. It's fun to dig into asteroids and mine, but what about drilling into moons and planets?In SpaceBourne 2, this is possible with our new toy Misactor. Discovering new mines, even caves, by drilling every surface in the game
Of course, each destroyed ship will give you loot. But if you are a salvager this will never be enough. You can always get off your ship and salvage items that can make money in the destroyed shipwrecks.
In SpaceBourne 2 the entire Bountyboard is constantly being updated and changing. And finding targets is no longer as easy as it used to be. To be a good bounty hunter, you must first be a good tracker.
There are 3 known races in SpaceBourne 2 galaxy, but what about in neighboring galaxies? It is possible to discover new life forms in SpaceBourne 2. The clues that will lead us to these life forums are also hidden in anomalies. Of course, first of all, it is necessary to seize these anomalies and learn how to read them.
Wormholes lead us to roguelike space dungeons at the deepest reaches of the universe. You can find weapons, ships, components in these dungeons that cannot be found in our galaxy.
Each sector now has a separate “Looking For Pilot” interface. Hundreds of missions are constantly updated here. If you want to become a freelance pilot or a mercenary, you will spend most of your time on this page.
To be honest looks really good from this trailer and description. I will add it to my wishlist so I don't forget about it. I also need to look up the first one since that slipped my radar as well. But for starters its looking good.
The first game has a few issues with he controls but I feel it was down to the choice of game engine used.
By the way D1 can you check to see what happened to the thread about the first game as I can't seem to find it.
Looks like the game has been put back until Jan 2023 and they are running a closed beta. SpaceBourne 2 on Steam (steampowered.com)
Steam seems to say the link are bad so be careful.
The SpaceBourne 2 Final Closed Beta is now underway! Pilots, are you ready for the journey ahead?
The Final Closed Beta is a limited-access beta at the end of which all save files and steam keys will be deleted.
We have been working around the clock to provide you with a more streamlined and balanced gameplay experience.
Before we release SpaceBourne 2 Early Access, few minor bugs need to be fixed and further testing is needed. For these reasons,We had to postpone the game to January 2023.
Thank you for your understanding.
You may https://discord.gg/U8gTw33Fa 6">join our Discord channel to stay up to date on SpaceBourne 2 news throughout this period.
See you in space.
Small FAQ has been posted on the Steam forum SpaceBourne 2 Community :: SpaceBourne 2 General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)
At least it's not going to be an Epic exclusive, still like to know if it will or won't have seamless landing, although my guess is it won't as he is using the unreal engine, so maybe bigger planets this time.
Has a new date for early access on Steam as the 17 Feb.
And the game is out on early access now, will be buying into this over the weekend and see what it is like.
I have this on my wishlist and will probably wait until it leaves EA until purchasing the game. But if in June it has a nice discount might pick it up before then. But the videos show a lot of promise and I will try to checkout a few review videos.
Just got the game downloaded at the weekend but I just checked the steam forum and their seems to be a bug which crashes the game not long after starting, so will wait until theirs a fix for it.
Had a quick play around with the game over the weekend and I'm getting a precursors vibes from it 😎, just a shame their are no ground vehicles in the game.
Still has the W,A,S,D controls where keep your finger on the "W" to go forward although it seems to be better than it was in the last game.
Also has an auto pursuit for the combat, which I'm not sure if it's works or I'm using it wrong.
You can also get out of the ship in space and fly around or use the gravity boots to attach yourself to a station.
So far it off to a good start and I did not have any crashes, so I would guess the last two fixes sorted the problem.
This was a nice video showing off the gameplay, I have this on my wishlist so I don't forget about it. But after looking at this video its a solid game especially for a small dev team of 1 🙂
Has been getting a number of update over the last couple of week, probably just bug fixes as I think any new content would have been mentioned.
The game has been getting plenty of updates and has now reached v2.0.0.
NEW FEATURES AND CHANGES :
New Ship Class Motherships:
Motherships function similarly to floating stations, featuring numerous consoles found within stations Like armory, market, upgrade console etc. Additionally, Motherships come with exciting new perks.
One remarkable capability of Motherships is their ability to carry two fighter-class ships within them. Players can dynamically switch to the hangar of their Mothership during runtime and engage in battles with the fighter-class ships they have docked.New Ground Squad ( Nova Squad)
Nova Squad is a ground squad, which will join the player in ground combat, just like Alpha Squad. Players can now summon this squad to fight alongside them during ground combat scenarios.
Within the squad, players have the ability to assign four areas of specialization to the soldiers. These specializations include Medic, Tank, Reaper, and Blitzkrieg.
By utilizing the unique skills and abilities of each specialized soldier, players can strategize and tackle ground combat situations more effectively.Drone Management:
A new drone management system has been added to the game.
Players can now manage their drones during runtime and give them orders dynamically.
Additionally, drones have been balanced, and the maximum number of drones that ships can carry has been increased from 8 to 15.Limb Damage and Gore System:
The ability to inflict damage to different limbs has been added for ground combat.
Each limb now has its own armor, which can be shattered. Furthermore, a gore system has been implemented for limbs that are shot after piercing through enemy armor.Other Features and Changes:
- Space battles have been balanced to enhance gameplay and provide a more engaging experience for players.
- Some ship stats have been balanced
- New visual effects have been added to enhance the game's visuals.
- Brazilian Portuguese language has been updated
- The Turkish language has been updated
- Performance optimizations have been implemented for crowded battles.BUG FIXES:Reported by players as follows :
- • Signals interface (top-right) does not refresh after merging Crates. Requires clicking it to refresh.
- • When trying to warp to a Planet while being far away, I receive the message "You are in Planet orbit" and cannot warp to the planet.
- • When opening the settings menu, there are placeholder texts.
- • Ship rotation gets disrupted when ejecting from the ship in space.
- • In the WRA fighter ship's cockpit view, when I press the thruster while moving straight, the camera shakes as if I hit something.
- • Trading Sectors in Galaxy Trade are showing as "None."
- • Having multiple side missions in the same system and moving in and out of the system can cause issues.
- •If I suddenly level up more than one level after killing a high-level target, the game crashes.
- • When loading on the planet's surface, the game loads, but the character remains suspended in the air and waits for the surface to load for about 3-4 seconds.
- • I'm stuck in the hangar and can't leave. Going through the door teleports me back into the hangar.
- • Sometimes, when warping to a point on the planet's surface from a long distance, the warp takes a very long time, approximately 20 minutes.
- • Sometimes, contracts spawn in Stargates.
- • Sometimes, the Fill Ammo feature doesn't work in Ammo consoles.
- •Resolved an issue causing incorrect collision detection, resulting in players falling through the floor in Falron stations.
- • When raiding a village, if I exit and re-enter the planet, the loot respawns.
- • The piracy system is not working. The ships I'm tracking warp too slowly, and even when they warp, I can't see where they went on the scanner.
- •In crowded battles, the frame rate drops by approximately 50 every 2-3 seconds but returns to normal after about 1 second.
- • Trade-class ships rotate too quickly in relative mode.
- • I can use the Ground Slam AOE perk while flying in the air.
- • In the Vessel Venture mission, during the "Board the Ship" stage, if I change the map, the mission update text appears each time I board a ship.
- • Damage effects on the ship can remain even after repairing the ship.
- • I can buy the mining ship cheaply and sell it at a higher price.
- •Resolved an issue where players would experience a sudden drop in frame rate during intense combat sequences.
- • Locations on the planet's surface can be visible even when they are not in the planet's orbit.
- • During the meeting at my own station, Drane disappears after a while, but the dialogue continues.
- • Some Mercenary missions don't spawn bosses and get stuck.
- •When disembarking from moving trading ships, the ship's engine sound remains in a loop, and I can hear the engine sound inside the station.
- • Resolved an issue causing NPCs to become stuck in an idle animation loop during the WRA ship quest.
I definitely have this on my wish list and will probably pick it up at Xmas sale after many many updates.