Notifications
Clear all

Star Quest 2 United Galaxies

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Bit of an odd one this one, some sort combat/RTS and racing game, anyhow it's a Kickstarter looking for $30K http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1760753044/star-quest-2-united-galaxies-space-sim-rts-racing?ref=live

Website http://www.virtuadv.com/

Go beyond the solar system, explore the galaxy. Fly as a pilot (dog fight) with friends in COOP. Command a fleet (Real-Time Strategy)!

Note:  The video shows some gameplay of 'Star Quest 2: United Galaxies' from 1999 and 2013.  We started SQ2UG development in 1998 and stopped in 1999 because of lack of funding.  A few months ago we restarted working on the game to present it on kickstarter.  So we recorded some gameplay using both versions.

Check out the newest updates at www.virtuadv.com/star_quest_2.php! We're releasing updates on our web site so you can know what is happening...

Star Quest 2: United Galaxies

This space game allows you to play combat missions and racing challenges as a pilot in solo or with friends in multiplayer. It also includes real-time strategy (RTS) missions where you can command a fleet and even pilot a ship from your fleet (first or third person view) while the other units are following your orders.

Basic features of the game:

• 10+ solar systems with planets/moons
  • 15+ ships to fly
  • 20+ combat/strategic missions
  • First person (with optional cockpit) or third person dog fighting using mouse/joystick
  • Real-Time Strategy (RTS) interface to control a fleet of ships
  • Ability to 'drive' a ship of your fleet
  • Fly to other planets, go down to planet surfaces
  • 5+ racing tracks
  • Racing with optional weaponry

What to expect:

Pilot your ship beyond your solar system to explore the galaxy. Make random encounter and start a fight or run away. 

Combat your way from a simple gunner to a pilot and ultimately become the commander of a fleet of ships.

Take command of a fleet to protect an important cargo while an armada is circling around. Order your repair droids to heal your transport ship before the enemies destroy it. 

Order your wingbots to protect you while you take out the most dangerous targets.

The freedom fighters of the United Galaxies are awaiting you!

Conclusion

What are you waiting for? Make a pledge! We will work hard to make sure you don't regret it.

MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

Is this the spiritual Kickstarter sequel of that Star Quest? I remember that I enjoyed the shareware version.

Wow.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Is this the spiritual Kickstarter sequel of that Star Quest? I remember that I enjoyed the shareware version.

Wow.

I still have the unplayed CD version, somewhere!!!

ReplyQuote