Notifications
Clear all

Star Rangers - iPod Touch/iPhone

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Here is something that I came across that I tough was great since I remember playing the original on my Atari 2600 🙂

Quote:

Star Rangers puts you in the cockpit of a one-man XB-185-class Starfighter. Your mission? To clear the galaxy of the merciless Lans-trinzini alien fighters and cruisers! As you warp from sector to sector in pursuit of the enemy, they are also on the move to attack and destroy your starbases and fuelbases.

Checkout the website for more info: http://www.analogretro.com/StarRangers/

Added the game to the cellphone and mobile device game list.

Check it out in action

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Think I may have to get one of these i-pods 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
Think I may have to get one of these i-pods 😀

I know I have been looking at them for a while. But I am thinking about the Android powered devices since that OS is open source and there will be a lot less limitations and restrictions put on the apps that are available unlike Apple.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Well, I have an old 8bit Atari 130XE, and Star Raiders 1&2 in catridges. No need to buy a new machine. 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

CaptainKal wrote:
Well, I have an old 8bit Atari 130XE, and Star Raiders 1&2 in catridges. No need to buy a new machine. 😀

Nearly bought one these last week. 🙂

Darkone wrote:

I know I have been looking at them for a while. But I am thinking about the Android powered devices since that OS is open source and there will be a lot less limitations and restrictions put on the apps that are available unlike Apple.

I guess it will depend on what the android os is running on if it as good as the i-pod

and if it was cheaper then the i-pod,at the moment Apple looks to have the market to itself.

ReplyQuote