Notifications
Clear all

Sword of the Stars II Trailer

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Here is the cinematic trailer for SotS2.... sorry no in game footage in this one. But have to admit looks like the story is going to be an interesting one to play.

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-sword-of-the/701531 [/gametrailers]

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Wish they do Northstar.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like N* is being pushed back until after SotS2 is released? 🙁

Shame, but the 4x fanboys will like this news 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I have Sots 1 Argos Naval Yard and liked this game alot, so will be looking forward to this, I am sure Northstar will follow in short order (I hope) 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Here is Kerberos showing of the Mars 2 engine used in SotS2.

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/engine-demonstration-sword-of-the/705340 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Very colourful reminds me of Chris Foss in design and look of the ships, practically the yellow one.

Still waiting for Northstar.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well maybe seeing this increases my hopes that NorthStar will look great if they are using the Mars 2 engine they have developed for SotS2. And who really knows which project had the biggest lead in completeness SotS2 or N*? Or they went with their bread and butter project first and the experimental one for last 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Last time I had look at the Northstar forum they said that were still doing the game but SOTS2 comes first.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Mmmm that music in the movie sounds a bit like that used in Homeworld. I wonder if that has any significance?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Sword of the stars developer interview.

ReplyQuote
Grimm
(@grimm)
Senior Chief Registered

Hmm... i played the first SOTS(without addons) but it didn't amazed me. It has some cool features like different kind of space travel for every race and a interesting research tree but something essential was missing for me. Especially the diplomatic options were poor compared to Master of Orion 2.

So i hope they make the second part more complex. But i also would rather like the developers to finish Northstar... this game could bring space sims back to life.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Grimm wrote:
But i also would rather like the developers to finish Northstar... this game could bring space sims back to life.

I am 100% behind you on this Grimm. SotS was ok to me. But I just don't want Northstar's future to hang on the balance on whether SotS2 sells well. Personally they should have made N* first, i think it would do better than a sequel to SotS personally. There is already a few games like this in development and not many with N* ambitious features list.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Yes when will they ever get around to doing Northstar. 🙄

ReplyQuote
darthspacer
(@darthspacer)
Petty Officer Registered

I don't know, I didn't like the first game but still I'm looking forward the sequel. There was something in sots1 I thought was appealing even if it the entire game felt way too simplistic. If they put more flesh into the new sots perhaps it might be an interesting game.

ReplyQuote
lair360
(@lair360)
Petty Officer Registered

Sorry to be a little tisky and hyper. But, I've been interacting with the developer in Facebook and they are building a new engine that would support 16 cores +. Now that is insane... really, really insane! 😯

ReplyQuote