Notifications
Clear all

X32i in ModDB Top 100

fourteentoone
(@fourteentoone)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone

So...we made it through to Phase 2 of the ModDB Awards. Now you can vote for us all over again (if you like our work).

http://www.moddb.com/mods/x32i

And, it would be even more awesome, if you could register on the website - as your vote is worth more as a registered member than a guest, however, we leave that up to you.

Thank you for your continued interest in our project!

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Got my vote 🙂

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

Hey fourteentone, I left a post for you in another thread which I think you might've missed so I'll paste it here, below.

😎

Glad to have you aboard fourteentone (is that a reference to a micro-tonal scale?). I'm a composer out here in LA as well, nice to have a fellow musician. Was that a real piano in the trailer? Heck of a sample if not. The solo violin was a sample though, yes? What are you using? Your vocalist did a beautiful job as well.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

So when do they call winner on this?

ReplyQuote
fourteentoone
(@fourteentoone)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey Shant,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Piano library is EW Pianos (the full 260 GB version).

Violin is EW Gypsy

Other instruments are an assortment of private samples, and commercially available ones.

I genuinely am of the belief though, that it's not more samples that we need, but skills in how to use them properly.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I voted a wile ago m8 😉 Am curious how is the final version of this mod gonna look.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

fourteentoone wrote:

I genuinely am of the belief though, that it's not more samples that we need, but skills in how to use them properly.

Indeed, if you know what you're doing you can take a relatively poor or dated sample and make it sound quite convincing. EQ can work wonders if you know how to use it, and its been my experience that most people have the wrong approach (or no approach at all) in their application of reverb.

That said, for my money I like to have the best of both worlds, ie top notch samples to go with the knowledge of how to use them properly. I think the piano in your demo is a perfect illustration of that. Even someone with a trained ear would have a hard time distinguishing that from the real thing. Nicely done, again! 😎

ReplyQuote