Notifications
Clear all

ZigFrak

SGDominator
(@sgdominator)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Do not know if any else has tried this game, but discovered it the other day in the 2000 to current date games list on this site. It is pretty good. Really like the interface. Here are some screen shots.

Zigfrak_20121120-094139.png

Zigfrak_20121116-060540.png

Zigfrak_20121116-072905.png

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I was going to post something on this in a few days been playing it and it is pretty good so far. I think there should be more HUD related changes to help the player navigate a bit more easily but so far so good.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Thought I was going blind as I couldn’t see it the 2000 list but eventually found it in the 2010 list.

Had a go at downloading it twice now both time failed will have another go later on.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Alex has been keeping me busy with all of this minor releases to the 6.x version 🙂

I have been trying to play through this and get a feel for the game, it almost has a MMO feel to it in the way the quests are presented. The back drops are nice. Only thing I think would be a great addition is a radar or least a better tracking system for objectives and or enemies. Currently you have to really pay attention to the screen to find the indicator that you have something to find or attack. I will read over some of the quests again but had some difficulty finding destinations in the quests. I didn't have a waypoint show up on the screen or map. I will look again and probably take a screenshot to show what I mean.

Thx for the hard work on this.

ReplyQuote
munitio
(@munitio)
Crewman Registered

Hi there!

Its a really nice game. I like the visuals and the style!

Where can i see my current ship speed?

Is ist possible to move the "quest" and "information" window around the main screen and resize it? (to make the font bigger in high resolutions)

Could you implement mousescroll zoom in the mapview?

In the tutorial... Its not clear that you can dock with the Enter key. Would it be better to click on the object with left mouse button and the option "Dock" is shown?

What are the goals of this project, i couldnt find any information on the developer site?

Best regards

munitio 😉

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Thanks for the new release Alex will try to give beta 7 a run sometime this week. And for all of those wanting to know what has been addressed in beta 7 check out this list below:

Quote:

Beta 7.0 Release Notes

2011-09-05

Missions

- new tutorial content and starting scenario

- new tier 3 mission hub at Exodus Station

- lots of minor changes and fixes to existing content

Navigation

- several changes to make galactic map more useful and friendly

- added relative velocity to target nameplates

- increased minimum loot distance for most pickups

General

- added stats display to ship selection screen

- player, bank, and vendor inventories are now searchable

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Zigfrak is on sale and you can get it for $5 until the end of December.

Check it out here: http://zigfrak.com/sales.html

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

it's had an update back in November to 1.01 must see if i download the demo now.

ReplyQuote