Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 percent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

[Sticky] Dead links list, v2!

CWolfxUK
(@cwolfxuk)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for this great site, I wanted to contribute so the other day I did this...

I have worked my way through every single URL in the Games list. The list below are dead links - either completely gone, domain snatched or deleted.
I have not listed ones where the game is still there but on a different part of the same site.
Please remove the following URLs:

I have realised that a massive list of dead links could cause someone to inadvertently click one.

Therefore, please find the list hosted here: List of dead links 2021 - this is a Google Drive link but should work fine on any browser.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Nice one CWolfxUK, we probably have hundreds of dead links as the site been around for about 12 years now.

I suggest D1 move the thread to Space/ SCFI game discussion forum and sticky it, I would do it myself but can't remember how to.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

It's moved.... Oh I would expect that links would be dead.... so many game studios go out of business or game pages disappear because the game is 5+ yrs old. I have been debating in dropping the URLs from the listing personally because its something else that needs to be maintained. I definitely need to spend 30-60mis every few weeks to make updates to this list, its a lot of work I basically parse the forums for new game listings and I search the list to make sure its not in there. Its a huge effort, I need to take more vacation soon maybe I will have some time then to update this list more.

Thanks a lot for this update @cwolfxuk because it does help because I have to manually check these myself on occasion and usually no one ever reports bad links 😉

ReplyQuote
CWolfxUK
(@cwolfxuk)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Well, I am happy to keep a regular check on it.  

ReplyQuote