Notifications
Clear all

Greetings and salutations

fourteentoone
(@fourteentoone)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I am fourteentoone, aka Gareth Coker.

I'm a student/semi-professional composer living/studying/working in LA. By semi-professional, I mean that because I'm a student I am not working full time, but I do have a company setup in the UK and have done quite a bit of paid work. I currently study at graduate level at the University of Southern California on their Film Scoring program.

I found this website after a Google search for one of the projects I'm working on, X32i Redemption, which is currently a mod, but we hope to develop into a full game at some point (check out the thread in General Space Sim Chat).

My interest in Space Sims stems from the fact that the first video game I ever played was Star Wars : X-Wing. The 2nd game I ever played was Day Of The Tentacle, and the third game I ever played was the immortal, wonderful, incredible, amazing, unbelievable, fantastic and flawless masterpiece that is Star Wars : TIE Fighter.

I'm loving this forum, and while I won't be the most prolific of posters, I will check in regularly, posting updates on X32i, and some other general chatty stuff. Thankyou for having me 🙂

My website - www.gareth-coker.net

And blog - http://garethcoker.blogspot.com

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Gareth

Welcome to the SSC! Very best wishes to you on your mod. Many here will be watching it's progress and hope you will give us updates on your progress.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Wow Gareth you have some nice samples of your work. I particularly liked 'March to Oblivion', 'The Return' and 'LightSpire - Battle Theme'. Good stuff. How is most of your work done is it with a orchestra or piecing all the sounds together?

ReplyQuote
fourteentoone
(@fourteentoone)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

It's about 50/50.

The Return was done with an orchestra.

March To Oblivion / Lightspire Battle Theme was done with a 'virtual orchestra'. This involves playing all the notes in on my keyboard, but out comes a violin sound, flute sound, clarinet sound, {insert instrument here} sound.

I prefer working with a real orchestra, but it's a rare luxury these days.

The music for the X32i Official Trailer is a mix of real orchestra and computer-based sounds. (As was the teaser, which uses real vocals and computer-based sounds).

My most recent orchestral work is on my blog: http://garethcoker.blogspot.com/2009/12 ... e-her.html

By the way, one thing about X32i, is that the percussionist from Battlestar Galactica (the guy who played all those drums) - is going to work on this project 🙂

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered

Hello and welcome fourteentoone.

Wishing you the best,another space sim junkie 😀

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Welcome man and hope all goes well with the X32I project

ReplyQuote