Notifications
Clear all

Hello there

classyk
(@classyk)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

I'm Luke, lurker for a while but now I've bitten the bullet to make a space game I've decided to join the forum proper.

I got my start in spacesims playing Elite on the PC back in the 80s. I had to get up early in the morning (5am?) to use the computer without my siblings. Great times!

I guess I've been chasing that Elite-high since. I had Elite II on the Amiga and have dabbled in the X games over the years. I suppose my controversial opinion is that I guess I don't like too much realism? Newtonian physics no thanks!

Anyway, thanks for running such a great community.

Greetings from Australia,

Luke

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Welcome to the forum Classyk

Funny that you mentioned early morning with Elite as I remember pulling some all nighter with Elite back in the day and then losing countless hours to Frontiers, which I do believe is 30 years old in Sept IIRC.

If you are looking for Modern take on Elite then check out Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

All-nighters playing classic Elite? Far too many! Welcome aboard, Commander!

Posted by: @classyk

I suppose my controversial opinion is that I guess I don't like too much realism? Newtonian physics no thanks!

Aye, with you on that one! Classic Elite with much-improved graphics? See my sig!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
classyk
(@classyk)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pinback

Welcome to the forum Classyk

If you are looking for Modern take on Elite then check out Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

Thanks! I've picked up House of the Dying Sun on the recommendation of this forum, have wishlisted RGO.

ReplyQuote
classyk
(@classyk)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @cody

All-nighters playing classic Elite? Far too many! Welcome aboard, Commander!

I suppose my controversial opinion is that I guess I don't like too much realism? Newtonian physics no thanks!

Aye, with you on that one! Classic Elite with much-improved graphics? See my sig!

You made oolite? Amazing! I have dabbled with it for years. I think it was one of the first games I compiled(!) on linux. I had two elite-likes going at the time: Elite The New Kind and OOLite.

Classic Elite with much-improved graphics? I think I'm going for classic elite with worse graphics on my own project 😀

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

You made oolite?

<chortles> No, not me! I merely represent the game here.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
classyk
(@classyk)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Would it be OK if I made a post about my work-in-progress space game, Liberation?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Would it be OK if I made a post about my work-in-progress space game, Liberation?

Feel free as it is one of the reason D1 set the forum up in first place.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I miss my Amiga and C64 days... now my greatest weakness is my attention span haha

Welcome to station @classyk, and yes feel free to post about anything you want about your game (Liberation). If you want I could even create a forum area just for your game if you wish. Can't wait to see your progress.

ReplyQuote