Notifications
Clear all

Hi there, space buddies

Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

The name's Digitalus, and I love space.

Space is a big place, stark and empty for billions of terrifying AU, then filled with beauty I can't even begin to truly grasp for another billion. I'll never see space, not really. I can never be an astronaut. I'm not wealthy enough to pay my way into the cosmos on a commercial flight, either.

So I get my fix through games. And that's why I'm here -- to find new games to light a fire in my imagination and let my inner-child run wild in a world of pretend.

With that said, hello! I've been lurking here for a long time, finally decided to give myself a voice.

Some of my favorite games are X-Wing (the entire line, especially the TIE-Fighter series), Privateer, Wing Commander (all of 'em), and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. I love Master of Orion I and II. I'm really looking forward to Starpoint Gemini.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all have a fantastic holiday season.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC Digitalus

I would sure love to see a remake of the X-Wing series of games with todays engines it could be epic (ahem pay attention Mr. Lucas), same with the Wing Commander games and there has been some buzz in that area that they might be released again but enhanced? I heard only making them playable on todays machines.

SPG is going to be a great game and I cannot wait to see what people create with the mod tools the LGM team is showing off. I will be pr-ordering my copy soon as well.

Enjoy the site and glad you turned off the radio silence and now broadcasting on SSC's frequency 🙂

ReplyQuote
Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the warm welcome! And I'd love to see a remake of the X-Wing series OR the Wing Commander games, they were both fantastic in different ways.

You've created a great place for people like me. I've already found so many great projects that I'd never have heard about otherwise.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

You also should hit up the link list, I do my best to keep it updated and if you come across something not in the list please post something on it and i'll get it in there.

ReplyQuote
Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Hey there man

Welcome to our community, it's always nice to have more "Nexus: The Jupiter Incident" fans in the house 🙂

Have a good one m8

ReplyQuote
Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you! Nexus is a fantastic game, I'd love a sequel. Or at least something very much like it.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Digitalus

Perhaps Starpoint Gemini might appeal to you right enough, here have a look starpoint-gemini-f32/spg-gameplay-trailer-t1109.html

ReplyQuote
Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
Hi Digitalus

Perhaps Starpoint Gemini might appeal to you right enough, here have a look starpoint-gemini-f32/spg-gameplay-trailer-t1109.html

So funny you should mention Starpoint Gemini -- I pre-ordered it a couple days ago after reading about the details on these boards. I really can't wait to see it in action. I've read the manual cover to cover. 😆

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

😆 Thought SPG was right up your alley. Hope you enjoy it when you finally get it. 😉

ReplyQuote