Notifications
Clear all

Things related to Scout+

Page 4 / 9

dbyspy
(@dbyspy)
Crewman Registered

Audacity I use it too, I just forgot the fact that you can convert so many format and you can have it for Linux and Windows All platform.

@ Walterar,   yes indeed, I would like to convert those LMR model for Scout+, so I just need the where to look first and get something started, if I could we the time.

Interesting comment you made as SGM is really different than LMR, so model in LMR need to be converted somehow to fit SGM coding, right? If yes I will need a tool to do the trick or knowledge.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Led Zeppelin, Deva Premal , Eagles & Solar Stone will hopefully be appearing soon in my copy of Pioneer!    That's just for getting on with, later, Mass Effect, Deus Ex and some Amiga classic tracks too once I make up my mind. Perhaps even some episodes from Lave Radio?

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

dbyspy, You might look at the models in Genesia. http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/4304-total-mod-genesia/

You can do an SGM dump and do with them whatever you wish. There's lots of possibilities there.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Here you go, Geraldine - have an ogg of the intro I use for Oolite.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

If you are converting LMR models to SGM, have a list for you. 

Me too, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/064cpvbyx952a6z/V7UYg4TgKC

More than 100 model in LMR from Genesia free to use . (and the LMR modelviewer have a "Dump model to .obj" function) .

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@dbyspy

Here you will find the information you need to do what you want.  http://pioneerwiki.com/wiki/Model_system

There are some graphic.dev, that will surely help. 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Here you go, Geraldine - have an ogg of the intro I use for Oolite.

Thanks Cody! So far, The Doors, Peter Green, Pink Floyd, Cream, CCR, CSN&Y and all of the above in my last post are now playing in Pioneer & Genesia. Makes those long journeys rather cool and adds an unique flavour to the gameplay.   Now working on adding the Lave Radio ads to the docking music for a laugh. That Audacity is working very well for sniping tracks.

Request to Walterar (and any of the Pioneer devs if they are reading) any chance of a music folder for sun skimming?

EDIT: (After listening) Altman Brothers Cody? Sounds a bit like em and I like it! Added!

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

EDIT: (After listening) Altman Brothers Cody? Sounds a bit like em and I like it! Added!

No, Cobra is a Quicksilver Messenger Service track - an old favourite of mine, and suitably titled.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Ahhhhh! I should have known that! Must be getting old dammit!   Still, it's a nice track Cody!   Tracks from the Homeworld series now added too.

ReplyQuote
Darkdesire
(@darkdesire)
Petty Officer Registered

Hello Walterar,

i've download you code, compile it (some problem but easy to fix for example in your project, it searchs for pioneer.rc and in your source, there is pioneer-sp.rc), works great.

I've written a personnal script to let my vessel do simple thing for instance (for example making local delivery automaticaly to let me eating or go out with my dog, etc...). The script run fine with the las version of pioneer (code + compile from 04112014 or code + compil from 03232014) but it doesn't run correctly with your code.

the problem:

When running the script, if my vessel is docked it must first undock and then go to local station automaticaly to perform various tasks. ok with pioneer

With SCout: if the vessel is docked, it undocks but it seems the AI is not enable to do anything, if after undocking, i disable the script and reactivate it => vessel goes to a station. The problem is only when the vessel is in docking state.

Can i send you the script to have a look ?

Of course to enable this script, i must modify the code.

PS: Scout++ add reality to pioneer

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Hi @Darkdesire  Thanks for telling me the problem. I've corrected and in a few minutes I'll update the master of Scout+ for all to compile with MSVC2013 

Yes, in Scout+, the launching the ship is automatic. But can also do something to make your script "take control". 

If you want you can send the script to my e-mail, which is everywhere. Or you can also post here if you want.

ReplyQuote
Darkdesire
(@darkdesire)
Petty Officer Registered

Yo Walterar,

thank's for your prompt reply, here this is the script (it can be activate only with a modification of the source (adding a key and a procedure to activate or desactivate it, if you want i can give you the modified file and you could try) as i said it's only the begining of my script, in fact i'd like to add a finite state machine to increase the AI, and add some autopilot like in x3 (you can go do other thing and your vessel will try to gain money for you) and the next step will be to add more than one vessel for the player.

localtrade.lua in modules

-- Copyright © 2008-2014 Pioneer Developers. See AUTHORS.txt for details

-- Licensed under the terms of the GPL v3. See licenses/GPL-3.txt

local Player = import_core("Player")

local Serializer = import("Serializer")

local Event = import("Event")

local Game = import("Game")

local Space = import("Space")

local Timer=import("Timer")

local Engine=import("Engine")

--

playerstatus=0

sbody=0

starports=0

ports=0

AutoTrade=true

local GoToAnotherPort=function()

if AutoTrade==true then

if Game.player.flightState == "DOCKED" then

print ("docked")

playerstatus=2

Game.player:CancelAI()

ports=Game.player:GetDockedWith()

Game.player:Undock()

else

local station=Space.GetBodies(function (body) return body.type=="STARPORT_SURFACE" end)

if #station>0 then

starports=ports

while starports==ports do

local indice=Engine.rand:Integer(1,#station)

starports=station[indice]

end

Game.player:AIDockWith(starports)

Game.player:SetNavTarget(starports)

print(Game.player.label..' ordering dock with station '..starports.label)

end

end

else

Game.player:CancelAI()

end

end

local onAICompleted=function(ship,error)

if ship==Game.player then

Timer:CallAt(Game.time+15,GoToAnotherPort)

print("Player vessel docked so add money...")

money=Game.player:AddMoney(125)

end

end

local onShipUndocked = function(ship,spacestation)

if AutoTrade==true then

if ship==Game.player then

local station=Space.GetBodies(function (body) return (body.type=="STARPORT_SURFACE" or body.type=="STARPORT_ORBITAL") end)

if #station>0 then

starports=spacestation

while starports==spacestation do

local indice=Engine.rand:Integer(1,#station)

starports=station[indice]

end

ship:AIDockWith(starports)

Game.player:SetNavTarget(starports)

print(ship.label..' ordering dock with station '..starports.label)

end

end

else

Event.Deregister("onShipUndocked",onShipUndocked)

Event.Deregister("onAICompleted",onAICompleted)

end

end

local onActivateAutoTradeOn=function()

local ship=Game.player

AutoTrade=true

Event.Register("onShipUndocked",onShipUndocked)

Event.Register("onAICompleted",onAICompleted)

GoToAnotherPort()

end

Event.Register("onActivateAutoTradeON",onActivateAutoTradeOn)

local onActivateAutoTradeOFF=function()

local ship=Game.player

AutoTrade=false

ship:CancelAI()

print(ship.label..' Cancelling order ')

Event.Deregister("onShipUndocked",onShipUndocked)

Event.Deregister("onAICompleted",onAICompleted)

end

Event.Register("onActivateAutoTradeOFF",onActivateAutoTradeOFF)

ReplyQuote
Darkdesire
(@darkdesire)
Petty Officer Registered

And this is the link for the 4 files modified to activate the script (i don't know how call a function in the console to try my script, that's why i must add a key)

http://dl.free.fr/n13gZCazT

ReplyQuote
Darkdesire
(@darkdesire)
Petty Officer Registered

If you are interresting, i've posted a request on pioneer ( https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/pull/2789

) to modifiy the mouse behavior (with this, you can switch the mouse and when you move it, the vessel follow the mouse movement no need to press button nor continously moving the mouse, put it on the left corner and the vessel will turn continously)

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Darkdesire

I'm working full-time with the upcoming release of Scout G17. But I took a break and I was watching, very superficially, your job. I have not had time to try it, but I'm on it. I made some diff files, but I think you should open a new thread here to discuss this in a more technical way, there may be many others people interested in trying. Everything that follows, we can move there?

ReplyQuote
Darkdesire
(@darkdesire)
Petty Officer Registered

Hello Waterar

yes things can be moved in other thread. Can you do it for me ?

Thank's

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Here's a bug report for G17. I jumped into the Tau Ceti system on a postal run. I arrived in the middle of a dogfight. I set speed to a very high number and moved away. I attempted to save at that point but got this message;

Lua serializer 'Traffic' tried to serialize an invalid 'SpaceStation' object

There was an OK button so I clicked it and the game crashed.

I will not run the game again until you tell me if you want to see any output files.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Marcel, you is a true Bug Hunter. 

I have an idea of what can be, but need to see output.txt to be sure. The fix pack comes out fast. 

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I don't see a file named output.txt, and I can't see stderr.txt or stdout.txt in my .pioneersp folder. Where should I look?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
In config.ini, you maybe have "RedirectStdio = 0" Change it to "RedirectStdio = 1" 

stderr.txt and stdout.txt long ago that no longer exist, have been replaced by opengl.txt and output.txt

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I made the change to config.ini. Because I don't have any useful output for you I did the flight again. This time there was no dogfight and the game saved normally. The only thing I see in output.txt that looks wrong is this;

LoadSurfaceFromFile: models/ships/wave/wave_spec.png: could not read file

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Marcel. In the next version of Scout+, RedirectStdio have a value of 1 by default.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I noticed some curious behaviour. I was docked at Williams, which orbits Miranda Colony in the Tau Ceti system. It's a hoop station. I was looking out the front view as a ship approached. The station was empty except for me. The ship went into the station, but didn't dock. It turned and went back out. Was this a pirate that caught up with me but wouldn't fire inside a station, or was the ship's AI not working as it should?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
It is likely that he received a message and had to leave urgently. 

These things will go better in future versions. The "fine tuning" will take time. But it will improve with each release. 

Try this: 

Starts on Earth, Achernar or New Hope.

Sell ​​scanner to not be disturbed with messages of nearby ships. 

Switch to external camera and get away to achieve a panoramic view. 

Speed ​​time progressively. Do not panic if you hear some explosions when you reach the maximum, some ships have problems with collisions and simply explode.  

Enjoy a show never seen in an starport. 

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 9