Notifications
Clear all

Lets make a Pioneer promo video

Page 5 / 5

Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

Wow !! a very good work trumpet ! its really nice promo in the the spirit of the game , congrats !

ReplyQuote
flyingfetus
(@flyingfetus)
Petty Officer Registered

I agree with vuzz! it captures pioneer's beauty, and the music fits perfectly. Very nice job 🙂

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Aww yeah, that's fantastic.

Do you mind me picking this up as a "real" promo video? There's a lot of places I'd like to post this.

With proper credit, of course!

ReplyQuote
trumpet
(@trumpet)
Senior Chief Registered

Aww yeah, that's fantastic.

Do you mind me picking this up as a "real" promo video? There's a lot of places I'd like to post this.

With proper credit, of course!

Thanks Robn. Yep go for it! No need to credit me. You can link directly to the vimeo video if you want but I've also left the download option on at the vimeo page so you can download the full rez H264 version

If you want lossless compression format (like Apple ProRes or Animation Codec) just PM me your email address and I can send you the master quicktime file via wetransfer

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Shot Replacements

The shot orbiting Europa is a great shot with the red glow on the horizon but the textures pop in... Is there a way to get this shot again where the textures won't pop?

The textures of Europa are quite strange. They show that pop in effect and at low altitude they aren't vey detailed.

I'll try to find an altitude where you don't see the effect, or I'll lower the detail setting to see if It keeps the same detail, even if lower.

EDIT: Tried, but unfortunately I can't find a setting that doesn't show that issue. 🙁

The closing shot of the ringed planet is a bit wonky-- what I like about it is zooming up to it-- but then it just goes a bit wonky (I think it's the autopilot).. it'd be nice to zoom up and then just pan slowly with the ringed planet in the frame if that makes sense. Or something like that.

I think it's autopilot + external view. I could go for sidereal view and trying to anticipate the position of the planet with the camera. Can you tell me in which clip it was, so I can go to the same place and give it a try?

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Trumpet. Lovely video. Um, could I please put it on Pioneer's ModDB page? Pretty please?   I will of course give you full credit as I do with everyone who contributes media to the site.

ReplyQuote
trumpet
(@trumpet)
Senior Chief Registered

The textures of Europa are quite strange. They show that pop in effect and at low altitude they aren't vey detailed.

I'll try to find an altitude where you don't see the effect, or I'll lower the detail setting to see if It keeps the same detail, even if lower.

EDIT: Tried, but unfortunately I can't find a setting that doesn't show that issue. 🙁

I think it's autopilot + external view. I could go for sidereal view and trying to anticipate the position of the planet with the camera. Can you tell me in which clip it was, so I can go to the same place and give it a try?

Hi Tichy,

No worries with Europa. 

Re: the end shot I'll have to get back to you tomorrow as I can't remember exactly which clip its from. 

ReplyQuote
trumpet
(@trumpet)
Senior Chief Registered

Hi Trumpet. Lovely video. Um, could I please put it on Pioneer's ModDB page? Pretty please?   I will of course give you full credit as I do with everyone who contributes media to the site.

As long as that's ok with the pioneer dev community that's fine by me - the download link is still on if you want the H264 or just link to the VIMEO 

No need to credit. Just post me a link so I can see where it's ended up 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Oh no Trumpet I always give full credit to every contributor and as for the dev team, they originally set up the site so it's kind of another aspect, an extension if you like of the official Pioneer site. I am sure it will get plenty of views. Once it is up you will find it here. Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
trumpet
(@trumpet)
Senior Chief Registered

Hi Tichy.

The file in question was pioneer-iota_pegasi_b-take2_to_h1

What works is how the planet and sun zip away to nothing. The approach to the ring planet works as its centre frame too but then the auto pilot goes crazy : )

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Ok! I'll try to record a better clip. 😉

By the way, do you need also some clip to show the new ships or some aspect of the interface (maybe only the new ui)?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I'm uploading two clips with many takes. The first ones are quite crappy... There are some good zoom outs in both videos and a coupe of good zoom in the second.

https://app.box.com/s/db3ox1emd95pdzngactc

https://app.box.com/s/icxcscv5s7tgvvnxjxav

ReplyQuote
trumpet
(@trumpet)
Senior Chief Registered

I'm uploading two clips with many takes. The first ones are quite crappy... There are some good zoom outs in both videos and a coupe of good zoom in the second.

https://app.box.com/s/db3ox1emd95pdzngactc

https://app.box.com/s/icxcscv5s7tgvvnxjxav

the very end of the 2nd one is lovely. 

it'll take me a few weeks (back into a busy period of work)  to find the time to cut them into the existing trailer but thanks for making the effort.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5