Notifications
Clear all

Limit Theory: An Infinite, Procedural Space Game

Page 8 / 8

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

This looks like the GitHub page: https://github.com/Limit-Theory-Redux

Would be nice to see some blog/updates on progress or ideas on what they plan on doing with the code on this page.... but we shall see what a few months gives us.

BFett liked
ReplyQuote
BFett
(@bfett)
Crewman Registered

Well, the original Limit Theory forums went offline last week so I thought I'd recreate my account here to update you all on where to find information on the latest developments for the Limit Theory Redux .

There are a few of us actively working on this project and significant improvements have been made to the code. A summary of these changes and our goals moving forward can be found on our blog at https://blog.ltredux.org/

Alternatively, if you have discord you can join us here  Our latest updates are found under #announcements

For those of you running windows IllustrisJack has made a launcher that will update and install Limit Theory Redux. You can download the launcher here

Those on Mac and Linux will need to build from source by cloning the repository on github follow the guide here

The blog has excellent posts explaining what we've done in the last year and where we are planning to go with the project in the future.

Cody and DarkOne liked
ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Excellent thanks for the update @bfett, I will definitely read up on what you and the team have been doing.

If this project needs a forum area let me know and I can make one.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @bfett

Well, the original Limit Theory forums went offline last week

I used to check every once in a while, and I'm surprised it lasted so long.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
BFett
(@bfett)
Crewman Registered

@sscadmin Thank you for the offer.  I don't think we need a forum section at the moment as most of our discussion occurs on the Discord server.  However if the need arises I'll be sure to request one.  For the time being, would you like me to post updates in this topic as further milestones are met?  Or is it preferred that I create a new topic?

ReplyQuote
classyk
(@classyk)
Senior Chief Registered

Wow I had never heard of Limit Theory but reading this thread was epic. What a roller coaster. As a game dev (but nowhere this level!) I really felt each victory and defeat in my bones. LTR looks like a fun idea and best of luck with it!

ReplyQuote
Cholmondely
(@cholmondely)
Petty Officer Registered

@bfett The occasional update here would be nice. Discord won't allow me to read anything on their site (I've never even posted anything on it!).

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8