Notifications
Clear all

Limit Theory: An Infinite, Procedural Space Game

Page 3 / 8

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

What's there to say ? 🙂  This guy just keeps it coming. Can't wait to see the final game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

"It's not a mini game" he keeps saying, well let hope it better thought out than the X-Rebirth one.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I don't think of the scanner as a mini-game at all. I can see how it could been see as one, but if used it different manor it could help the discovery of items in the game world. Would be interested in the range of it and if it could scan really far away or if you could scan by element...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Monthly update for the game.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

keeps getting better

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

The next video should be out tomorrow.  Josh is impressing a lot of people in the LT community.  Economics here we come!

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered

Update #15 the big picture

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I, for one, welcome our AI overlords.

ReplyQuote
Ast0reth
(@ast0reth)
Crewman Registered

How has this been off my radar so long!? We need to be shouting this from the rooftops!

I have to admit -- I just scoured the internet for a copy of the prototype, but came up empty-handed. I just went on an indie spacegame binge and bought Drifter, Void of Darkness, and VoidExpance—then I see this!? Come on! Take my money now!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

The prototype is only available to those who backed Limit Theory during the Kickstarter campaign.  For the rest of us, we just have to wait, read the daily dev logs and enjoy the very beautiful monthly updates.  Expect to see this game available some time between June and Auguest (Mid 2014).

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)

Here is update #16

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

It is so enjoyable to watch LT grow and develop into a great game.

ReplyQuote
Straker
(@straker)
Senior Chief Registered

Does anyone know why this is the last dev update?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

This is the last dev update that is a perfect power of 2, it's not the final update that we will recieve.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New video update for LT.

Bit in the middle where he talks about the planets and colonies 😎 any one know if you can land anywhere on the planet or is it just at the colony base and how are the landings being handled?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

This update is nice because it talks about the LTSL (Limit Theory Scripting Language).... yup modders pay attention 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Ok, here is the new update on Limit Theory

This LTSL is pure genius and is going to make a ton of content for this game when modders get a hold of it, you can literally mod every aspect of the game.

Liking these asteroid fields btw and he has done a great job with the dust in space.... or least visually it looks great to me.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

To be honest, at this rate Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous will both be out before this game drops. :p

I kid.

....kinda.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New video update for LT, looks like it will be out early next year?.

Has their been any mention on how they intend to sell it, ie Steam, gamergate, GOG or a publisher or are they just doing it themselves?.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

New video update for LT, looks like it will be out early next year?.

Has their been any mention on how they intend to sell it, ie Steam, gamergate, GOG or a publisher or are they just doing it themselves?.

Josh stated last month that Limit Theory will be sold through GOG, Steam, and likely through Ltheory.com.  Josh is developing Limit Theory all by himself so there isn't a publisher or other outside factor.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Josh stated last month that Limit Theory will be sold through GOG, Steam, and likely through Ltheory.com.  Josh is developing Limit Theory all by himself so there isn't a publisher or other outside factor.

Nice might be able to get the Steam version as long it does not use that idiotic Humble system of logging onto your Steam account from the Humble page. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I want to say I thought the game was going to be delayed a bit more until Q2 but I can't remember where I saw that. But Josh is doing a great job and can't wait until I get my hands on this one. I hope he releases it when he thinks its ready and not break to the pressure of getting something out. I think that LTSL is going to be a big thing and modders are gonna go crazy with this game with having so much power over the engine.

That fast travelling option is pretty slick way of doing it as well.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Been a while since we heard anything from LT?.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Josh has been MIA for over a month, I think!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Could be just be in crunch mode trying to get the game finished just a bit strange as he has been pretty regular with the videos over the last two years.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 8