Notifications
Clear all

StarField

Page 2 / 5

D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Posted by: @pinback

I don't mind if the space flight is arcade or more simulation as long as it in the game and not just a hub as in the outer worlds or Mass Effect.

(remembering that docking cutscene with the Normandy 😍)

That's certainly a very challenging game design problem, procedural generation No Man's Sky style for exploration freedom combined to designed zones for detailed RPG action maybe? Unless I'm mistaken that was the original intention with ME Andromeda but they could not make it work in time and had to crash-revert to old-fashioned playable areas... 🤔 Clearly that would be quite a beast of a space RPG engine and would make that "11-11-22" even more puzzling indeed @sscadmin

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Three short videos showcasing some concept art of city's to visit in the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Concept art is all well and good but for a game of this scale, you think they could show us in-game assets by now they are roughly 1yr out from release. Do we have another Cyberpunk in the works 🤣 ....

Jokes aside.... if these concepts are accurately shown in game they will be fun to explore and interact with

This post was modified 3 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Couple more bits of concept art but not saying much although it seems to indicate they game takes place in a 50 LY bubble around earth.

Keep meaning to ask this but that poster they have for the game, is just me or does that woman on it look like Helen Carter from space 1999?.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @sscadmin

Concept art is all well and good but

Yes, but...

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

To me its still concerning that a game that is a year away from official release that we still have not seen actual in-game play.... A game of scale like this (like Cyberpunk) takes a lot of time and testing to get right. Yeah I think Bethesda is trying to avoid the whole Fallout76 stigma and just not raise peoples expectations so they cannot be disappointed 😉 but on the other hand you need to generate hype for a game as well you been spending years on this game. So I am sure your going to need to sell a lot of copies to re-coop all of the development so here is hoping during the holidays this year Bethesda releases some actual footage to the gamers as a present.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Seven minutes of Bethesda saying how great they are but nothing in the way of game details, apart from maybe a couple of new concept drawings.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @pinback

Bethesda saying how great they are but nothing in the way of game details

<grins> At the risk of repeating mysef: yes, but...

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Haha that is exactly the formula as how Fallout 76 became so popular 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Short video about the painting of a poster and the chance to win one if you join some group by the end of March, check their YouTube channel for the details.

Still saying they are releasing on the 11/11/22, some what inappropriately as it's armistice day. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

More talking from the gang but still no gamplay in less that robot was supposed to some? and some new artwork.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

They are talking a good game.... but until we see legit gameplay I am very skeptical... this game is supposed to come out in like 8.5mos and we have seen zero real gameplay to figure out what you can or cannot do... for a triple-A game that has taken years to create you would have thought they would have released something by now... unless they are waiting for the game shows in June? To surprise everyone maybe...

But I like what they are saying, I just hope they deliver it 🙂

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

A very short video about your robot companion, guy mentions somthing about the ship which sounds like theirs only one player ship.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Video about sound and music did not bother watching it myself just flipped through it and it looks like their is some new concept art as usual.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Not too surprising but I read that the game has been postponed until early next year now, although hopefully we will see some gameplay footage before then.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Yeah I was just about to post about this I noticed my steam wishlist had a new date of 2023... I think MSoft probably asked for a demo and knew they need more time.... MSoft paid a lot for Bethesda so its in their best interest to make sure the game is ready for purchase and reviewers 😉

This post was modified 2 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Think their some big XBox show coming up in the summer, so hopefully we might see something then. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I'm sold, just for that one sentence "you can fly it" 😎 😎

Looks like a single player and hopefully finished version of Star Citizen and I would like to give the two fingers to that over rated Elite Dangerous.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Heh. Wait for the reviews first is my advice. They saved me a bundle when FO76 came out. 😉 

Cody liked
ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Interesting! This is music to my ears:

Howard confirmed that Starfield will be playable in both first- and third-person. This is the case in both Bethesda's Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. "We like that style of gameplay," Howard says. "First-person for us is still our prime way of playing. So you can see the world and touch all those things."

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geraldine

Heh. Wait for the reviews first is my advice. They saved me a bundle when FO76 came out. 😉 

Very true but lets hope they have learned their lesson with Fallout 76 and the game has been delayed until next year now.

Given that you can land anywhere on the planet surface I hope they have some vehicles which can be carried in the ships. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like seamless planet landing are out Starfield Doesn’t Let You Fly Seamlessly from Space to Planet: ‘That’s Really Just Not that Important’ - IGN so I guess that means no atmos flights. Which begs the question why bother with the land anywhere on the planet surface as you may end up in a small space like the first Mass Effect games uncharted planets.

Inless they have some vehicles which would allow you go further then call the ship in for a pick up?. 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@pinback So far, the only finished games to achieve this was Frontier Elite II way back in '93 and Elite III in '95. Star Citizen is trying to do it too but goodness knows when that will be out so, this comes as no surprise Starfield has dropped that. To me, at least for now, it looks like it will be a traditional, on foot RPG that Bethesda are known for, with a sci-fi make over and some space shooty bits. In effect, the Elder Scrolls in Space. 😏 

EDIT: Nearly forgot, the Star Wraith games did it and I guess No Mans....sorta. Did Precursors do it too Pinback? I never played that. 🤔 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Geraldine

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geraldine

@pinback So far, the only finished games to achieve this was Frontier Elite II way back in '93 and Elite III in '95. Star Citizen is trying to do it too but goodness knows when that will be out so, this comes as no surprise Starfield has dropped that. To me, at least for now, it looks like it will be a traditional, on foot RPG that Bethesda are known for, with a sci-fi make over and some space shooty bits. In effect, the Elder Scrolls in Space. 😏 

EDIT: Nearly forgot, the Star Wraith games did it and I guess No Mans....sorta. Did Precursors do it too Pinback? I never played that. 🤔 

No Precursors used a pre rendered animation for the landings and take off's and you could only land at the landing pads.

I hope StarField is a bigger version of Precursors with more content, planet's and game features  and I'm not convinced by  the claim of being able to land anywhere on the planets surface, think it's more hype and it will turn out to be related to the quest markers as to where you can actually land.

Also I would point the fact that their was no mention of any vehicle's in the game, so why bother with a full planet surface if you can only go walk about, then again they may come later in some sort of DLC like the house building in Skyfall.

I guess time will tell and Precursors is still an awesome game, even 13 years later, just a shame they never got to finish it.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Pinback

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Todd has done another interview.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5