Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 11 / 28

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

This is good news Walterar as I will have to update moddb early this month.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Walterar, 20131106-linux64 is not compatible with G10. You're probably working on G11 right now.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Hi Marcel Yes, and the most important change is this https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/issues/2521

I had to rewrite much of the modules to work with the new system.

The changes and improvements were many, had a hard time but the result is satisfactory. I think he's ready but I want to try a little more. However, at the current rate, the Pioneer core changes rapidly. Presumably, the fix packs of Scout+ G11 will be many,   but fun.   

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Hmmm

Sorry but I'm being a dummy here.

I took the orig G10 pack and the G10 fix pack, put them as they were as zips in the MOD directory (in usersetc etc) and the mods are not functioning. Pioneer just loads up as normal.

I am using Pioneer 20131103.

I know I am missing something so I apologise in advance and thank people for their patience.

[UPDATE EDIT]

Ok it worked. The problem was there were TWO Pioneer directories in mydocs one was Pioneer one was PioneerGen

I originally put the files in Pioneer GEN because this directory was the newest from November where the other one was from waaaaay back.

I guess Pioneer uses both directories then ? They seem to contain similar data. In fact some files and directories are the same.

Thank you Scout+ team. This  looks fantastic. Will be testing it out tonight after work.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

PioneerGen is the directorie of genesia  lol ^^

with theses two distincs directories system you can run both Pioneer and Genesia without interferences 🙂

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Perfect. Thank you for that.

I LOVE Genesia. Alpha 22/23 no longer work. There was a windows update and now my older Pioneer files no longer work. This is really disappointing because I think it was Alpha 22 that was the last version with ELITE content and now...pow not working.

Still we have the amazing models genesia has.  I have 271013 which I believe i the latest one.

Thank you Genesia team thank you Scout+ team.

You are ALL amazing. 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Again with you. Eleven release, for eleven consecutive months!

It's here!

Pioneer Scout Plus G11 version

PSP-G11.png

Few developments this month. The adequacy of the significant changes in the nucleus of Pioneer have been all along. The unsolved problem is that, before, if missing any translation in any language, the system used the English equivalent string. It seems that does not work yet. For that reason Pioneer G11 is only available in English language, Spanish and Russian.

Anyway I worked hard the combat system and there are many improvements in this regard. Check it out yourself and tell me if there is something wrong. Mainly in the texts translated into English and Russian, I translated the new texts into these languages​​, with the help of Google Translate. Marcel, Sapog66, help!

Download free from here: Pioneer Scout+ G11 (all platforms)

Applicable to Pioneer Space Sim 20131111 (or higher).

Download free "Pioneer Space Sim 20131111" from here:  Win32  Linux32  Linux64  OSX

If you do not know Scout+ I strongly recommend you read the post from the begining.

Instructions for installing it are here: How to install the mod

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.     

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

@Walter.

I'll quite finish yet the entire manually translation in french of Genesia (thanks Google).

This work is make with the old translating system.

If you want i can send you the language's lua. folders for free using in Scout .

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Vuzz

The new translation system is fantastic, for the translator, on the web, but very hostile to the developer or modifier of missions modules, or other. There is much work to do there. I'll make extra texts Scout + for easier translation. When you have, you can work more comfortably. It will be nice to have Scout+ in French. Also in other languages​​, of course. 

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

How can I help you to translate Scout+ in italian?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Tichy I go to prepare a template to facilitate your task, you'll have fun.

Meanwhile I continue normalizing Scout + to use the new string handling system that obviously has many difficulties. It was not a happy change.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Attention! FixPack 01 to Scout+ G11

Now you can open Scout+ G11 in languages ​​other than English, Russian and Spanish.

The texts not translated into your language, you'll see in English.

PSP-G11-FP01.png

PSP-G11-FP01-02.png

PSP-G11-FP01-03.png

The latest version of Pioneer can be downloaded from here: Win32 Linux32 Linux64 OSX

To apply thisyou should add this fix pack in the mods folder:

PioneerScoutPlus-G11-FixPack01.zip

Enjoy    🙂

ps. If you see a problem would help me to know.   

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

OK, I see a problem. I'm running 20131111-linux64 with G11. Here are two red screens. The first may or may not be related to Scout+, but the second screen seems to be a Scout+ problem. I haven't installed the fix pack because I'm running Pioneer in English.

[attachment=2395:Screenshot from 2013-11-14 1806.png]

[attachment=2396:Screenshot from 2013-11-14 1800.png]

I should add some more details. The first screen occurs sometimes when I select a target. A specific example; I'm doing a Scout+ mapping mission on Titan. I see Earth and click on it to select it as a target, then tell the autopilot to go to the vicinity of the planet. Crash.

The second screen occurs when I'm supposed to get a 'low on fuel' message.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Thanks Marcel!

Yes , the first is a Pioneer error , already known and reported by Tichy here: https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/issues/2544

The second is a Scout+ error . This only occurs if you have not associated in SPA , and is a remnant of the new translations . Already fixed, and the solution comes out today or tomorrow on a new fix- pack .

Meanwhile try this:

Start the game on earth

Uninstall all the weapons of the Eagle

Change the hyperdrive C1 by C2

Full 2 ​​tons of hydrogen

Asociate to SPA (use Ctrl -M Yuck !)

Defines the destination hyperspace Mu Herculis ( -4,0,1 ) in the chart

Jump to Mu Herculis

Upon arrival , Autopilot : Fly to vicinity of Moon Base

Wait five seconds and press F5 to disconnect the autopilot

Press F5 again and sets the speed to 500000 (pressing Enter)

At halfway plus 10 % ( AU / 2 * 1.1 ), again,  Autopilot : Fly to vicinity of Moon Base

Will arrive approximately on 23 February 3200

Now. Then start a new game and try to get to Moon Base without associating to SPA 🙂

Council for all, are to join in SPA or lose this and many, but many,  other things "interesting" 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Attention! FixPack 02 to Scout+ G11

Repaired the problem reported by Marcel and some modules were optimized to avoid the like. Everything has been running very stable on 20131116 Pioneer version.

ScoutPlusG11FP02a.png

The Pioneer version 20131116 can be downloaded from here: Win32 Linux32 Linux64 OSX

To apply thisyou should add this fix pack in the mods folder:

PioneerScoutPlus-G11-FixPack02.zip

Enjoy     🙂

ps. I'd forgotten to tell you that in the G11 version, the shooting of the police can not hurt your ship. Try it.   

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Attention!

At Pioneer 20131116, is seriously damaged the AI shooting accuracy.

I've reported and until it is resolved, it is recommended to use version Pioneer 20131115.

You can taste the difference between versions of Pioneer, with police, providing easy target in port and shooting nearby. Or generating hostile with Ctrl-M.

The Pioneer version 20131115 can be downloaded from here: Win32 Linux32 Linux64 OSX

ReplyQuote
StalkerXey
(@stalkerxey)
Crewman Registered

adding mod: mods/PioneerScoutPlus-G11.zip

adding mod: mods/zz-PioneerScoutPlus-G11-FixPack01.zip

adding mod: mods/zz-PioneerScoutPlus-G11-FixPack02.zip

Initialized GL2 renderer

Error: modules/Scout/Scout.lua Object is no longer valid

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'DistanceTo'

modules/Scout/Scout.lua in function <modules/Scout/Scout.lua:347>

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks StalkerXey!

Yes, this what I have seen. Rarely happens when you close the game and reopen it without closing Pioneer. Apparently is some variable is kept charged with a previous value, invalid now. This should not happen. I'm working on that. Meanwhile, Pioneer must fully close when you exit the game. 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
New FixPack 03 to Scout+ G11

ScoutPlusG11FP03.png

Fixed the problem reported by StalkerXey and some modules were optimized to avoid the like.

Full review Scout.lua module with optimized rewriting in many parts.

Everything has been running very stable on 20131119 Pioneer version.

The Pioneer version 20131119 can be downloaded from here: Win32 Linux32 Linux64 OSX

To apply this, you should add this fix pack in the mods folder: PioneerScoutPlus-G11-FixPack03.zip

I'm really happy about how this is working. But, if you find a problem let me know.   

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

One important thing I forgot to say is that, on mission state "mapping", the game should not be interrupted to save.

That inconvenient will finish in the future Scout+ G12. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Hi Walter , 

Excuse me for this irrelevant post , bu i try to send you a MP and always receive that : The member walterar cannot receive any new messages

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
It seems that I had exceeded the limit of messages (20) 🙁

I delete them. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I keep downloading the newest versions, but before I get a chance to play them a new one is released!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I keep downloading the newest versions, but before I get a chance to play them a new one is released!

LOL yes it can get a bit like that!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
The good news is that the fix packs are very tiny.   

The improvements in the core of Pioneer, were many and very important in the last few days. This forces me to constants updates the mod. But this is good, it means what Pioneer improved, and Scout+  accompanying with new ideas.

In the last hours, I found (and fix it) a design error in the module Scout.lua that prevented the proper functioning of a saved game. It goes in the next Fix Pack (04), maybe tomorrow. With this you can save and retrieve a scan, at the point you want. Now, this module works as it should.

Pioneer Space Sim 20131119 + Scout Plus G11, is perhaps the most stable combination, and complete to date.

And continues to improve. 

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 28