Flight of Nova

Page 3 / 3

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  
Posted by: @blah64

Game has released.

It seems a bit shallow and devoid of content for me at $30 though.

Think that was always going to be the problem with the game but I believe it is being done by one guy, so not unexpected.

Maybe one to pick up in the sale. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Just a video showing some more gameplay.

ReplyQuote
tsmspace
(@tsmspace)
Senior Chief Registered

I only have the demo, and have played all of the runs twice now. I absolutely LOVE the game. I have my 4-joystick game controller which I am getting much better at using after spending quite a bit of time in : orbital racer, starmade (on a big track set I made), infinity battlescape, overload (not newtonian but great for 6dof practice), lunar flight, kerbal space program (also only on a little course I made) and astrokill. (these games all allow me to use my game controller) 

Basically, I will buy flight of nova for sure but admittedly am having just started a new job so will wait until I get settled in. Also, I feel it will have a few updates to smooth things out a bit as far as interface, because I feel that some things are difficult to interact with, mostly the camera angles from the pilot perspective. (I think having a better view of the bottom camera while from the cockpit view would make landing much easier,, since coordination can be based on the cockpit view very easily, it is much easier to have most of the screen the normal cockpit view, because your peripheral vision can cue your coordination, and then the instruments can be replaced by a fair size of "bottom view camera" so that you can see where you are, guage your moves, but keep your balance with your normal cues. 

Anyway,, The scope of the game is roughly 50% of what I would want in a game, with the other 50% being almost the same, but instead of large sized craft, it would be only drones, and only in orbit while mucking around a station. So, tiny vehicles with baskets to hoop into instead of landing pads (just like FPV racing), and short trips with lots of maneuvers but lots and lots of obstacles. (like, flying inside or constantly close enough for different angles of photo). 

as for those of you from above who think the game is hard to pilot,, , I did NOT have that experience, and I use my custom controller which is based on a normal xbox style controller but instead of triggers it has more joysticks. Basically, I find it to be extremely intuitive, and I highly recommend any who thinks mouse piloting a spacecraft is hard to try one. I don't want to spam but here's an instructions to make one if you are interested. https://hackaday.io/project/180884-4-joystick-6-axis-6-dof-game-controller

anyway, flight of nova gets a 5 star two thumbs up from me, I think it's excellent! Truly a step in the right direction. (maybe just a bit too easy for the likes of me!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL) just kidding . I'm slow but succeed 100% of the time. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

13 Minutes of gameplay.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Much more controlled - is he using foot pedals, I wonder?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @cody

Much more controlled - is he using foot pedals, I wonder?

He probably is but devs play their game so often that they become very good at it, which can lead to an incredible difficult curve. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Always remined me of crash test dummies when watching these videos.

Shame their is no option to land like a plane on a runway.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like a new ship for the crash simulator.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Flight of Nova get another small update.

Added - 10 additional music audio tracks
Added - Audio option to select next/prev track with title name
Modified - 3rd view HUD positions for ultra wide resolution setup (3 monitors)
(now on edges of center monitor)
5760 x 1080
5760 x 1200
7680 x 1080

ReplyQuote
deMangler
(@demangler)
Crewman Registered

It now has a native linux version so wayayyy!

I am enjoying this.

🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3