Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Download Area Issues or Addition

Page 2 / 2

FreelancerLW
(@freelancerlw)
Crewman Registered

I got the game to run by right clicking, and selecting Run As Administrator, but two problems still exist.

It started in a Small Box, Window, 5 X 6 or so. Tiny, and moving Very Fast.

Under Options, I could get it to open to Full Screen, but it was Extensively Larger than my screen size.

I tried to re-set Resolution then set to full screen, and that does not make it fit my screen size.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hmm I haven't downloaded these in years, but I can try to look into the zips when I get home since I was the one who packaged/zipped those. I hope they are not corrupt because a lot of work when into compiling everything in them. But they do download successfully meaning you have the full download (size) you can use the download tool to look at how big the file is on the server. Because if the download didn't complete all the way you definitely would have issues extracting the contents.

UPDATE:

I just verified that FFED3D_Complete.7z downloaded and extracted successfully using 7zip. Like I stated before make sure your file size is correct, downloaded on my machine it says its 180.4MB in size so if yours is not that size that is why it fails to extract. In the download tool right-click on the file and select 'Get Info and Share', use that 'Link' url to download instead see if that helps.

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Welcome aboard, amigo! Hopefully, someone will be along shortly who can help.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @brightyd79

It keeps saying that it cannot run as d3dx9_43.dll and occasionally other numbers are missing. Any advice is welcome.

I haven't tried these out personally, but AndyJ does have a running forum topic on it here: http://spacesimcentral.com/community/ffed3d/the-ffed3daj-thread/ and just the general http://spacesimcentral.com/community/ffed3d/ thread might have some info on your issue as well.

That definitely seems like a DirectX issue, could be the program, your DirectX distro is messed up or your gfx drivers would be my guess, but I would would need to do a install test myself to verify. I could possibly try doing one this weekend.

But at first guess, I would uninstall DirectX and install fresh again. Because many games add, update and remove from this DirectX distro and you could have some missing or out of date files. And since it looks like this uses DirectX9 you may want to also run in compatibility mode as well. But I would need to play with this a little to see if I have any issues.

ReplyQuote
vpelss
(@vpelss)
Crewman Registered

Still broken in 2022!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

One for D1 to look into.

Try it out myself and it's working but it is very slow, navigating the menu.  

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2