Notifications
Clear all

Some site stats for SSC for the past year

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone

I generally don't look at these sorts of things but occasionally I check to see some averages to kinda gauge the health of space gaming as a whole and the interest in it and over the past year here is some stats for just SSC.

Avg new user sign-ups per day: 4

Avg number of pageviews: 1,011,456   (never would have thought)

Avg number of visitors at any given time: 91

Avg number of topic views: 512,645

Avg number of pages a viewer looks at: 4.83

Averaged 1453 new member signups throughout the year

I would have never thought that SSC would ever get to 1+ million page views in a year. So thanks to all the gamers and developers that call SSC home, its nice to see the site grow and people use it and love coming here. All the praise and thanks I get from the members really motivates me to make SSC better. I have done a lot to improve SSC from its beginning stages back in 2008 and I think there is still a few active members that remember SSC's early days so it has changed and we have made it through two server moves 🙂

I don't know how many people tell me they never knew SSC existed and they cannot believe the wealth of stuff here. I guess we really are the outpost on the edge of the galaxy that very little know about. SSC does zero advertising so its usually word of month or the right google search that gets you here. So thanks again to the fans of SSC to bring in new members.

I hope next year I can update this thread to say SSC is approaching 2 million page views 🙂

Spread the good word about SSC, probably one of the only places a passionate space and scifi gamer can feel at home. See ya in the forums and I would like to specially thank Pinback for all that he does with updates and moderation duties so be nice to him and buy him a round because he does it all for free 🙂

-D1-

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I hope next year I can update this thread to say SSC is approaching 2 million page views 🙂

Well next year is going to be a busy one indeed for space sims so you just might get those page views.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Good numbers, D1 - onward and upward!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Should hit it as Geraldine says it's going to be a busy year next year.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Just a small update to see what the last five months have done since the big surge in space games.....

User sign-ups over just five months was 1281, and there was a week in there where 116 new pilots found their way to SSC. That's a 50% increase over the yearly stat I posted in July.

And the avg people using SSC at any given time is 118 (currently). If I could get more lurkers to post we could have a big voice out there 🙂

So thanks everyone in spreading the word, SSC does zero advertising and isn't here for the money. SSC is a true gamer and a fan site and I would like to personally thank everyone that helps out and grabs a membership to help with my server costs because having a VPS for this site is a necessity it seems with the traffic and the downloads it handles every month.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yep, it's been a fantastic year for news regarding space sims, and this is only the beginning!

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Right on, Commanders!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Great job mate, great job !!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I haven't compiled many stats yet, but was interested in membership sign-ups last night and noticed that SSC averages about 290 new members monthly, not bad. Guess space games are coming back and even though I have done my best to keep SSC hidden from the world people are starting to learn our whereabouts. So be on your guard and destroy any looters.

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

Haha, indeed - watch out for space pirates! 😀

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote