Notifications
Clear all

Star Citizen Alpha v3.9

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looks like this went live yesterday.... I haven't watched the 2nd video in full yet for deep dive into the features. But in the trailer that was released I didn't see not one outer space scene 🙁 I think they are focusing way to much effort on planet and station side content.

Topic Tags
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

I played it yesterday.  Universe still feels dead.

I think at this point, it would feel imminently playable to me if there were npcs in the world going about doing things and interactable outside of missions.  Would make the place feel lived in, instead of an empty husk.

Otherwise, it felt great to me, and I get excited to go about doing things, but it is so distracting to me when everything is empty, except when you accept a mission.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Blah64

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @blah64

I think at this point, it would feel imminently playable to me if there were npcs in the world going about doing things and interactable outside of missions.  Would make the place feel lived in, instead of an empty husk.

Agreed, who wants to play in a world where there is nothing to interact with. Its tough to create a player driven style MMO (look at shroud of the avatar) because without a huge amount of players the game will seem empty and lifeless. Shit SC can't even handle a lot of players in a place yet. I was watching videos of maybe 10-15 people on a planet station and the gameplay looked jittery. I will watch that other video shortly, but it is depressing to see a game with so much promise being morphed into something different than what I was expecting 🙁

ReplyQuote